Community_discussions_small  

Question

Egypt and The Nile Tour - March 30th Departure

8 Feb 2013 NMayhew asked

NMayhew

Hi, anyone doing the Egypt and The Nile Tour for the March 30th 2013 departure?
Im tossing up whether to do it; I want to but I'm nervous!
At this stage I will be going solo and I have never travelled solo or through Contiki either; so that doesn't help my decision making. Any other travellers for this tour? It would definitely help persuade me if I got to chat to others going on the exact same tour/date as I am.

• 19 Feb 2013 xxem88xx said

Default_avatar

Hey! I am considering doing this trip, had planned to go earlier but recently had to change my dates! Did you book in the end..? I’m also planning to go solo and first Contiki so I’m feeling the nerves too!

• 20 Feb 2013 SarahOP said

SarahOP

Hola. I just did my first contiki to Greece last September. I went solo and loved it. Tons of people were solo travelers. Just don’t be too shy! I am also thinking about hitting up Egypt in December of this year. I was thinking over New Years and then hitting up the beaches of Sharm el-Sheikh for at least a few days. Supposed to be some of the most beautiful waters on earth. If you guys do go, I’d love to hear your thoughts on the trip. One of the girls I went to Greece with had just gotten back from this Egypt tour and loved it. She was glad she went and her pics were amazing. I’m more nervous about the conflicts over there. My friend felt safe and had no issues so unless things get worse, I think I just might do it. Good luck!

• 26 Feb 2013 anita said

anita

Hi, I’m planning to go on April 13th – will be my first solo and first with Contiki too – if you can come on that date would be good! :-)

• 27 Feb 2013 NMayhew said

NMayhew

Hi, it’s great to hear all these replys :-)

Due to uni requirements I have to post-pone any travel as I only had the one week break in March however I am still thinking of doing a trip during my large june/july or dec holidays.

SarahOP that is great that you had a good experience solo. I think thats the only way I can do it if I want to travel this year as my friends suck at saving and I am craving the travel bug soo much!! The conflicts in Egypt is what worried me as well but thats good that your friend had no issues :-)

I cant wait to travel, its just a matter of when and where now. Thanks guys :-D

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.