Community_discussions_small  

Question

Does it get too hot sleeping in a sleeping bag during August in Europe?

1 May 2010 Explorer1128723 asked

Default_avatar
Hey everyone,

I am going on the Euro Adventurer Concept tour (10 August - 16 Septemeber)

I was looking at the sleeping bags and was wanting to get the thinnest one possible cause I know that it is still really hot here (in Australia) at night in summer, but I have been told that the temp tends to drop alot at night time in europe.

Any recommendation on thickness of sleeping bag to take to Europe to do the Euro Adventurer Concept tour (10 August - 16 Septemeber)

Or any recommendation on other things that could be taken to sleep in.

Thanks Smiler
  • 2 May 2010 Emma said

Emma

hey hey!
    i did the ultimate european + egypt last year 23 Aug – 6 Oct and travelled the UK until early november so i knew i’d need a warm sleeping bag for the later part but what i did was buy a silk liner (i got mine at Kathmandu store) which scrunches down to barely nothing so when it was warm i used just the liner, then the sleeping bag when it was cooler.
    hope this helps!

• 26 Apr 2012 Chaloo said

Chaloo

Hi Emma, heard you say you bought a liner, Im going in June and thought about just using the liner. Would you recommend that?

• 30 Apr 2012 EmilyN said

EmilyN

What sort of sleeping bag is provided by Contiki for the North American/Australian travelers? I’m trying to decide if I should bring a light blanket in case the sleeping bag is too thick for the non-AC accommodations.

• 6 May 2012 ExplorerJeff said

ExplorerJeff

It depends on the type of sleeping bags that you have, if its a summer one with a temp range is +0 or higher you will be fine but if your sleeping bags is a winter one with a temp range of -1 or less it may be to warm for the first part of your tour but as time goes on and it gets colder a winter one will come in handy.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.