Community_discussions_small  

Question

May 11th!?

19 Feb 2008 Stoney asked

Stoney
Hello. I am going on this awesome-looking tour on May 11th. Anyone else?
  • 16 Apr 2008 Peita said

Default_avatar

Hey, if anyone’s wanting to track down where we are staying, try this…

The trick is everything is backwards!
    So for Riga, ignore Hotel Viktorija… make it Viktorija Hotel Riga
    Same with Izmaylovo Hotel Moscow; LDM hotel St Petersburg (both have some awesome restaurants!!!) and in Finland and Stockholm just go to www.scandichotels.com and select Grand Marina Helsinki and Ariadne Stockholm.
    OH! And if anyone ain’t that keen on boats… www.tallinksilja.com and select “timetables – Helsinki to Stockholm” For those of you who’ve been to Australia, you’ll understand why I wasn’t too crash hot on the idea of an overnight ferry… yeah, Scandinavia’s idea of a “ferry” is VERY different to ours!!!

So for those of you who have done Contiki’s before… you know when you have to say “something you wouldn’t know about me is…” yeah, I guess I played the “nerd” hand to early!!!

And if anyone has Facebook feel free to add me – Peita Richards (the Australian one)!!!

• 20 May 2008 Mike S said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    you guys are on the tour now and I’m booked on an August one. When you’re done if you could write a quick note about what to see or what to avoid and which optionals were worth it that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

• 28 May 2008 Nick said

Default_avatar

hey Mike, we were the guinea pigs….the first group to do this new and improved tour.
    it was great. a couple of the russian hotels were ‘questionable’, but the rest were fine, and the scandinavian ones were awesome.
    as for optionals, i did them all but the ballet night. ballet is not my thing, so i preferred to just explore st. petersburg by foot instead. i stopped in sweden, are you doing all of scandi too?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion