Community_discussions_small  

Comment

England and Scotland 6th August 2010

23 Mar 2010 Bec said

Default_avatar
Anyone else going on this tour? I'm flying from Melbourne and it's the first time I've been to the UK - I can't wait!

Also, has anyone thought much about what clothes they need to bring? It will be winter in Melbourne in August, but I'm not sure what Britain's summers are like and whether I'll need summer clothes, or if it will be cool. Thoughts?
  • 11 Apr 2011 Emily.007 said

Default_avatar

Hey Bec,

I’m doing the England and Scotland Tour that Departs LOndon on the 5th of August… Is this the one you are speaking about??? I’m doing it with my best friend.

• 11 Apr 2011 TrippyGirl said

Default_avatar

Great trip! Inverness is beautiful!

• 11 Apr 2011 Bec said

Default_avatar

Hi Emily, I actually went on this trip last year, it’s an old post :) You’ll have a fantastic time though, believe me! I went on my own but met people who are friends for life. You’ll hear that a lot but it’s absolutely true, we’ve had a reunion recently and are having another next month, so when your tour manager tells you you’ll meet the best people, they’re right.

Everywhere we went was amazing and so beautiful, and I can say that I did my research on England but not a lot on Scotland. I researched Edinburgh and Glasgow, but to me my favourite place of all was the Scottish Highlands as it was so beautiful. You’ll see what I mean. The best advice I can give is to try everything, eat Haggis (delicious!), if you see something you like then buy it or you’ll seriously regret it after, and most of all, I don’t care what anyone tells you – it might be summer, but it gets bloody COLD! we saw the Edinbugh Military Tattoo and had more layers on than I do on winter at home (I’m from Melbourne)! And because it’s summer, the British don’t think it’s cold so you’ll have trouble finding wintery clothes, especially coats. It’s something I wish someone told me before I went.

And of course, gave FUN! And most definitely, NO REGRETS. :D

• 13 Apr 2011 LassieLeah said

LassieLeah

Hey Emily!
    I’m doing the Eng/Scot tour that starts the first week in Aug too. It’s me and 5 of my close friends and my sister. Have you heard of anyone else who may be on that trip yet? It looks booked up! Can’t wait to meet you… it will be great!

• 13 Apr 2011 Emily.007 said

Default_avatar

Thanks Bec for the info!! Def think I will bring a coat now. Didnt even look at the year.

Hi Leah,
    Myself and my best friend are goin on the trip plus know of two girls from Qld also going.
    Add me on Facebook Emily Hamilton

• 13 Apr 2011 LassieLeah said

LassieLeah

Hey Emily…
    I couldn’t figure out which Emily Hamilton you were :-/ so just add me! My email is Aurora7398@msn.com

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion