Community_discussions_small  

Question

Oktoberfest 19-25th Sep

10 Feb 2013 Kiwi Explorer asked

Kiwi Explorer

Hey, I've just booked this trip and I'm looking for anyone else going along :)
Hostel option.

• 10 Feb 2013 Marky Mark said

Marky Mark

Hey Mate,
    I was looking at booking on the 19-25 Sep Oktoberfest but decided against it as its the opening weekend and it will be packed.Got some advice from my cousins in Ireland and a few mates in Germany who have been there several times. I am booked on the 25th – 29th option start and end in Munich. I am going to fly there instead, so I don’t have to sit on a bus for a day each way. A flight is only around $100.00 for the cheapest flight one way. and around $ 180 return. I am sure you will have an awesome time anyway.

• 10 Feb 2013 Kiwi Explorer said

Kiwi Explorer

Hey Mate, Cheers for the response! I decided on the bus option as ya tend to have a big night out the night before with your tour mates at the R.N hotel and makes bonding much easier esp for such a short trip and I have a few freinds who live near Munich so I might stay a little longer after yet but am unsure at least this way I have an option to get back to London if need be. Definantly going to be an awesome time! :D

• 26 May 2013 Michelle said

Michelle

Hey!! Ill be doing this trip! Cant wait!! Ive done contiki before but this is the first one im doing on my own – so keen to see who else is doing it. Ill be staying on in Munich too. Its going to be an awesome trip!

• 26 May 2013 Kiwi Explorer said

Kiwi Explorer

Hey Michelle! Awesome :) what contiki have you done before? Are you doing anything pre or post tour? Can’t wait!!

• 26 May 2013 Michelle said

Michelle

I did European highlights a few years ago. but the oktoberfest tour will be the last stretch of a 3 month trip im doing which starts with ‘The Adventurer’ in brazil. when the tours done i think i have 2 more days in munich then off to greek islands for 8 nights then back to Australia. doing oktoberfest at the end of 3 months could be a really good idea…or really bad one :-P either way, really looking forward to it!! what about yourself?

Kiwi Explorer

Very nice! So you’re spending 2 months or so in brazil? Jealous!, look forward to hearing all about that :)
    So it’s taken you a couple of years to get back into travel mode?
    Haha at the end of three months certainly isn’t a bad idea… It will be the last for me of 4 months of traveling, finish on a high right :p .. I do the Greek island hopping before Oktoberfest :)

• 26 May 2013 jlukins93 said

jlukins93

hey all :)

my boyfriend and i are doing the 25th – 29th sep Oktoberfest tour, hotel option. it will be our first overseas trip and we’re so excited! can’t wait to have a few steins with you all :)

Kiwi Explorer

Hey, likewise can’t wait :)

• 16 Jul 2013 Rhino said

Rhino

Hey Kiwi Explorer!
    Just finalised my trip to Oktoberfest for the 19th in hostel for 7 days, kickin it at the RN for a night or two before the festivities. Can’t wait, have wanted to do this for 5 years so really looking forward to some amazing times with awesome people. Can’t wait to catch you all and may your travels be safe and (to quote King Julian) “awesome-tastic”.

• 13 Aug 2013 daniel said

daniel

hey im in for the 19th – 25th .. although camping .. psyched.

• 14 Sep 2013 jlukins93 said

jlukins93

https://www.facebook.com/groups/250608038400642/
    this is the Oktoberfest 2013 page :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion