Community_discussions_small  

Question

Eastern Discovery Oct 18th NYC- New Orleans

11 Feb 2013 Erin asked

Erin

Hiiiii,
Just wondering whether there is anyone else booked for this tour?? or if anyone else has been on it can tell me what it's like and what to expect! :)

• 11 Feb 2013 Sophia said

Sophia

I am!!!! :) I know that two other people are signed up in the Meet Up part of contiki but I haven’t had a chance to say Hello yet.

• 11 Feb 2013 Erin said

Erin

Oh awesome!! I wasn’t sure whether it was too early to post anything up considering it’s in October!
    So are you travelling by yourself orrrrr? My first solo adventure right here, have been a contiki around europe before (but with a friend), so this is a little daunting! but I know I should be right :)

• 11 Feb 2013 Sophia said

Sophia

My first trip by myself. It’s so daunting. Never traveled overseas ever. Yeah, my friends have been telling me the same.
    Someone I work with said she did the same tour and loved it. She said you will have a blast.
    You are spending any each nights in NYC or New orleans?

• 12 Feb 2013 Erin said

Erin

I guess anything out of our comfort zone is a litltle bit daunting! Oh so you have never been overseas before? and your going by yourself for the first time? what a experience for you!! thats so good! :)

Well im flying from Melbourne (AUS) and land in NYC on the 16th in the afternoon (after a connecting flight).. so I’m booking a hotel for those 2 nights before.. normally stay in hostels, but thinking will probably will need somewhere decent to get over the jet lag etc! :) I travelling around North America first and then heading down central/south America, so after New Orleans hoping to head down to Mexico! :)

Are you planning to do any other travelling?? Are you staying in NYC or New Orleans outside of the tour??

• 12 Feb 2013 Sophia said

Sophia

Oh yeah, I’m kind of freaking out but it’s gonna be amazing!!!

I’m the same, leaving Sydney for NYC and arrive in on the 16th. I’m at the same hotel that the tour is booked at for the two nights before.

And at the end is New Orleans, I have planed an extra night because it’s Halloween. My friend who lives in New Orleans cause it’s something you can’t miss. And she is like dress up, everyone does. Which is exciting cause we dont do halloween here.

• 13 Feb 2013 Mandy said

Mandy

Hey guys!

I’m doing this tour too with my fiance Luke :) I’ve never been to America before but my cousin and her boyfriend did this tour a couple of years ago and loved it so I’m pretty keen for it!!

We are staying 8 nights in NYC before the tour too. The first 7 nights we have booked a hostel in Manhattan and then the night before contiki we are staying in the hotel it leaves from the next day :)

After the tour we have booked an extra night in New Orleans at the same hotel, and then we are off to Vegas, LA and Hawaii!!

• 14 Feb 2013 Sophia said

Sophia

Hi :)

Thats good that there is good feedback from the tour cause I wasn’t sure at first but the hotel in New York is growing on me now :)

Wow, 8 nights, wish I had that time. Yeah I just went ahead and booked 2 nights before because I read that they want you there the night beforehand to meet up with the group and tour manager to pick what you wanna do.

I’m the same with the New Orleans hotel, booked an extra night just so I can see Halloween (as we never do halloween here) and SHOP <3

Wow mandy, you have a full out holiday.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Top Discussions

Discussions Details

Last response almost 2 years

This question was posted about almost 2 years ago. It has been discussed 7 times and liked 2 times.

3 people are following this discussion.

• Erin
  • Sophia
  • Mandy

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.