Community_discussions_small  

Question

Booking Contiki while in Europe?

12 Feb 2013 Fik asked

Fik

So far I have pre booked two Contiki tours that me and a friend will be doing. I will probably be staying longer in Europe then expected (beauty of a one way ticket!).

Can you book and pay for contikis like a week or two before assuming they're not full? I know they have to send out Travel Packages 21 days before departure but I'll be in Europe somewhere at the time of these bookings (I live in Australia) will I have problems?

• 13 Feb 2013 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

I don’t think you’ll have a problem. Just make sure you do your booking over the phone and tell them your situation. They’ll probably e-mail whatever information they have for you regarding your trip and then keep your documents for you at the Royal National where the pre-tour meeting takes place

• 19 Feb 2013 TBryHoff said

TBryHoff

I’ve booked a trip on relatively short notice (maybe a week and a half before the trip started). I live in the US and was here when I booked so was able to call my home office, but all travel docs were just emailed to me rather than mailed. If I recall correctly though, they did make me pay in full to reserve the booking. As long as the trip has availability and you have a way of paying them from where you are, I see no reason it should be a problem.

• 20 Feb 2013 Fik said

Fik

Alright great thanks. Since this posting I’ve also confirmed with Contiki Staff that this will be possible like the above they’ll email the tickets instead of mail.

• 20 Feb 2013 Claire Hughes said

Claire Hughes

Which tours have you booked!? I have also booked 2 tours and was wanting to know the same thing as I have heaps of extra time and was contemplating doing a third tour but wanted to wait a few weeks beforehand to book Incase some other plans pop up! :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.