Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best of Europe - August/September 2013

12 Feb 2013 erin asked

erin

Myself and a friend are thinking of doing Best of Europe in August / September this year but i don't seem to see much about this tour on the forums. Has anyone done this tour recently? What did you think?

• 22 Feb 2013 Kim said

Kim

Hi Erin — I’m doing this tour (start in Paris, end in Rome) in September. You’re right, there really isn’t much in the forums and the reviews vary, mostly depending on the tour director. I decided to take a chance on it though! It’s an easypace tour, so you spend more time in each location and it goes everywhere I want! Hopefully someone who has taken the tour will respond and give us some insight. Wish you the best and maybe I’ll see you on the tour!

• 24 Feb 2013 erin said

erin

Hi Kim,
    Yes, there was one really good review from about a year ago, but not much else. It will be both our first time to Europe. We are never going to see “everything” the first time so we figured this hits some of the big cities to see what it’s all about! We are both 30 so quite like the idea of a slightly slower/easy pace tour!
    At this stage we look like we r going to try for the August 25 departure.

• 25 Feb 2013 Kim said

Kim

Hi Erin,
    I was thinking the same — best to hit all of the major spots without having to rush. I will also be 30 at tour time, unfortunate that we weren’t departing the same time! Good to know there are somewhat older travelers out there though!

• 25 Feb 2013 erin said

erin

Kim, what tour are you doing in September?! We’ve had to adjust our dates due to work. We are now looking at the 22nd Sept departure. we are still in the very early stages of planing thou, so i hope it doesn’t fill up before we are ready to book!
    And yes, glad to hear there are some somewhat older travelers as well, hopefully we aren’t the oldest on the tour! lol!

• 26 Feb 2013 Kim said

Kim

I know how that goes. If I could get the time off of work I’d pick the 21 day tour. That would make me really happy, but my boss not so much! As of right now I’ve scheduled myself for the 20 September departure. It’s still awhile away but I guess its good because it gives me more time to save. I’m flying from Hawaii so this trip is going to get expensive. Hopefully well worth it though!

• 30 May 2013 Tristane said

Tristane

I’m searching for the same thing but haven’t had any luck. Anyway, I’m booked for July 9th (I’m also 30 years old) I’ll let you know how it is!! though you probably need some insight before you book! Either way, I’d be glad to let you all know! :)

• 3 Jun 2013 erin said

erin

Thanks Tristane, we have already booked but yes I’d still definitely be keen to hear your thoughts and any tips u might have for us before we go :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.