Community_discussions_small  

Question

Who's going on the Italian Espresso on May 24th!?

13 Feb 2013 Sarah asked

Sarah

Hey guys! This is my first Contiki tour and I am doing the Italian Espresso from May 24th to June 1st, 2013! I'm so excited because this is my first time to Europe. I am from California in the US and I'm turning 21 in a few months. Who else will be there!? I don't even know what I should bring on my trip so if anyone has any helpful hints, please let me know!

• 10 Mar 2013 mysterieswonder said

Default_avatar

Hey Sarah, My name is Jenn and I am thinking of going on this tour. I’m stuck between the Espresso (5/24) and the Simple Italy for the (5/25). Are you only going 9 days to Italy or are you going for longer and visiting other places after the tour? If I go on the Espresso I want to go more days and head down south to Capri, Amalfi coast, etc., but since I am going alone I need some travel buddies to do that. If I cant find people to travel south with then Ill prob just do the Simple Italy trip. If/when I book this will be my first trip. Planning on going alone so I am kinda nervous. If you would like to discuss more I can friend you on facebook. Im from NY FYI

• 11 Mar 2013 Sarah said

Sarah

mysterieswonder: Hi Jenn! I had the exact same dilemma at first. I wanted to go on the Simply Italy tour because you get to see more of Italy, but I decided that it was a lot crammed into a short amount of time. So I chose the shorter tour so I could get the most out of it and not just be exhausted at the end. I have been thinking about staying a few extra days to go elsewhere after the tour, so that actually might be an option for me. I am traveling alone as well and I’m a little nervous, but it will be a lot of fun. Anything in the Southern part of Italy is going to be a lot more dangerous though. The crime is a lot higher and its not safe to go alone! (from what I’ve been told) After my tour, my mom is actually meeting me in Paris and we’ll be staying there for a week, so I need to figure out my plans asap so she can buy a plane ticket to meet me there. Let me know your thoughts on all this and definitely add me on FB if you want to! My name is Sarah Hoskins.

• 12 Mar 2013 mysterieswonder said

Default_avatar

Hey Sarah,
    I actually already friended you on Facebook LOL My name is Jennifer Duque. I have heard that there is more crime in the south, but I thought it was mob related. I really wanted to see the Amalfi, Positano, Capri, Portofino, and very randomly I wanted to see the fields of poopy seed flowers and sunflowers in Tuscany/Umbria (basically every pretty place I have seen in the movie Under The Tuscan Sun and the Fiat Commercial (http://blog.fiatusa.com/vehicles/behind-the-scenes-immigrants-the-new-fiat-500-commercial/). If you were interested we could rent a car for cheap (I can drive stick shift) and visit some of these places if you were interested. If so we should Skype to meet. I have not booked anything yet but I really want to book something – FYI I have never been on Contiki or any other tour, but I have been to Europe many times. After Italy, I also plan on going to France, but I will go to the south (Cannes and St. Tropez) to visit family I have there. Anyway let me know whats up :-)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/jennifer.duque.963?fref=ts

• 2 Apr 2013 Stephanie said

Stephanie

Hi,
    Im Stephanie, also doing the tour solo, I’m coming from Montreal, Canada and its my first contiki as well! (I’m 23.) Super excited to visit Italy, I’ve been dreaming of going for possibly EVER :) I am so glad I found this thread because I am also registered for the Italian espresso tour and was looking for travel buddies for the amalfi coast (naples, sorrento, amalfi, positano), but can only go BEFORE the tour! When are you two planning on going if you do? I would love to join you if I can. My flight back home is on June 2nd, I will be in Barcelona from the 18th to about the 21st-22nd (flexible as I am staying with a friend and have not bought any transfer flights yet), so I have about 3 days between to travel in the area.
    Let me know your dates when you can!

P.S.:
    https://www.facebook.com/smunoz17

• 4 Apr 2013 Stephanie said

Stephanie

P.S. Added you Jennifer if you don’t mind!

• 8 Apr 2013 Breanna said

Breanna

Hi Ladies,

I am also thinking of going on the Italian Espresso tour. Technically it will be my second tour, I am doing the European Magic on May 10th, but this will be my first experience in Europe.

I will be in Paris before the tour.

• 10 Apr 2013 eddieahn19 said

eddieahn19

Hey there,

My name is Eddie. I am 28, and it will be my first Contiki tour Solo. I’m from Toronto, Canada. Nice to e-meet all of you! I will be joining you on the Italian espresso tour from May 24 – Jun 1. I’m very excited and counting down the days to departure. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion