Community_discussions_small  

Question

Suitcase brands - what to go for?

10 Nov 2010 dee-kay asked

dee-kay
Hi guys, I'm planning to buy our suitcases during the Christmas sales for our trip next year but there is so much to choose from!

Obviously I'd want something light with pockets and is expandable.

I'm liking a couple by Antler and High Sierra at the moment.

Are there any brands to go for, or steer clear of? What has everyone else used?

Help would be appreciated!!

Diana
  • 10 Nov 2010 JenShep said

JenShep

The funny thing is, i’ve been overseas three times with the same suitcase, and it was a $40 cheap shop one, and i have never had any problems with it, and i’m planing on taking again with me this year.

I have had sales people tell that it wouldn’t last five minutes and and the stiching would break the wheels would crack and baggage handlers aren’t very carefull. I’ve heard it all. Yet i have seen people pay $200+ for luggage that broke before they even have left the airport.

My only suggeustion stay away from designer brands, they are there for look not quality. Also look at the warranty, airlines also sell luggage, qantus for example has a 10yr warranty on there luggage.

• 11 Nov 2010 KatieKate said

Default_avatar

I have an Atlantic suitcase that my friend took when she worked on Survivor China and she liked it so much she bought one of her own! I’ve also used it a hundred times and it’s still in good shape. They usually run $100-200 USD and are well worth it.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.