Community_discussions_small  

Question

Keeping fit while travelling?

26 Nov 2010 Chris713 asked

Default_avatar
Hi all,

I'm a bit of a fitenss freak and will be travelling for about 6 months next year. I'm doing some contiki tours in that timeframe.

What I wanna know is how do people keep fit while travelling? I work out most days and am worried I will gain wait or won't have time to go for a run or anything. Do the concept tours allow time to workout and stuff?

Thanks
  • 26 Nov 2010 RJ1817 said

RJ1817
    quote:
    Originally posted by Chris713:
    Hi all,

I’m a bit of a fitenss freak and will be travelling for about 6 months next year. I’m doing some contiki tours in that timeframe.

What I wanna know is how do people keep fit while travelling? I work out most days and am worried I will gain wait or won’t have time to go for a run or anything. Do the concept tours allow time to workout and stuff?

Thanks

well, you do walk a hell of a lot…

• 8 Dec 2010 Explorer1169366 said

Default_avatar

I had just gotten out of the military when I took a month long tour through Europe.

I bought 10 minute trainer, its not a huge work out but it does give you a work out. I also took resetance bands and did a lot of push ups. It wasn’t enough to improve my fitness but at least it didn’t suffer to much. That and a lot of it depends on what you eat.

• 8 Dec 2010 ChrisSoll48 said

Default_avatar

Burpees!! This cardio exercise works your chest, triceps, back, quads and core. What you do is squat down on the ground. Now kick your legs out so you in a push up position. Do a push up, then throw your legs in so you are in a squat once again. Now jump straight in the air as high as you can. That equals one Burpee. Doing many in a row will get you out of breath quick. The best past is you can do them while traveling in any hotel room. All you need is enough space on the ground to do a push up. Though this won’t be a perfect substitute for your normal workout, it should keep you in decent shape. Try doing as many as you can and timing yourself, looking to increase speed the next time. For someone in great shape you should be able to 50 in less than 10 minutes. So it’s a quick and hard workout. Here is a video if your interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MGljX4bbps Burpees are hard but fun and addicting!

• 9 Dec 2010 The Virgin Backpacker said

Default_avatar

I’m a reasonably serious cyclist and I found carrying your backpack and doing stair climbing very beneficial! Europe is full of steps – in Patras in Greece there was a climb up to a fortress that had 192 steps. On a 35 degree day with 30kg on your back gives you a good workout Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 12 Dec 2010 Chris713 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1169366:
    I had just gotten out of the military when I took a month long tour through Europe.

I bought 10 minute trainer, its not a huge work out but it does give you a work out. I also took resetance bands and did a lot of push ups. It wasn’t enough to improve my fitness but at least it didn’t suffer to much. That and a lot of it depends on what you eat.

What is a 10 minute trainer? And like the sound of resistant bands

• 14 Dec 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

I think you’ll find a lot more people have an issue with losing weight instead of gaining weight because of all the walking you do when you’re in the cities.

I would bring some exercise bands, you can use them in your room to do quick workouts. There wont be much time for taking a run, though you might find an odd day here or there.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion