Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone doing European Highlights May 22, 25 or 27?

15 Feb 2013 Rhys Halliwell asked

Rhys Halliwell

I'm trying to choose which date to pick and I need to decide soon. The 22nd has the benefit of being in Cannes on the last day of the film festival, but I'm not sure how much excitement we will be able to see. Has anyone done any of the tours that end up in Cannes during the festival? I'm interested to see who else is starting on any of these dates.

• 15 Feb 2013 Bec said

Bec

I’m going 29 May!!! So excited :)

• 15 Feb 2013 AimeeMay said

AimeeMay

I’m also going May 29!! I’m going alone so I’m a little nervous!

• 15 Feb 2013 Bec said

Bec

I’m also going solo, I started to freak out just after I booked now I’m super excited… Where are you from? You booked yet?

AimeeMay

I’m at the freak out part I think! I’m from Brisbane, Queensland and I booked and paid today :-)
    What about you?

• 15 Feb 2013 Bec said

Bec

Lol you’ll be right this is my first big over seas trip so when I’m on my way I’ll probably start freaking out again! What when are you flying out? I’m leaving Townsville on the 25 may so I can can see some sights in London first.

AimeeMay

Oh actually my tour starts on the 27th (whoops!)
    I fly out on the 25th too, got a big stopover in Hong Kong so I arrive in London at 6am on the 26th…won’t know what to do with myself haha

• 16 Feb 2013 Bec said

Bec

You staying at the royal national before hand? If so I might see you there :) I arrive on the 26th also I think… Lol should really look at that.

• 24 Feb 2013 Rhys Halliwell said

Rhys Halliwell

What’s with all the Aussies? Doesn’t anyone else on this planet travel?

• 24 Feb 2013 Bec said

Bec

Must be… Guess I’ll find out when I head on my tour.

• 26 Feb 2013 Rhys Halliwell said

Rhys Halliwell

I’m thinking 27th is the way to go. Probably book in the next day or so.

• 26 Feb 2013 Bec said

Bec

Only reason I booked 29th is coz its a definite departure.

• 26 Feb 2013 AimeeMay said

AimeeMay

what do you mean by definite departure?
    p.s would be good to catch up at the hotel if we’re both there at the same time :-)

• 26 Feb 2013 Bec said

Bec

I’m not 100% sure but if they need to change or cancel that tour they can where as the definite departures are defiantly going that date… It may explain it on here somewhere better then what I have. Yeah catching up sounds good :) I’ll be at the hotel from the 26th of May :)

• 27 Feb 2013 Rachel said

Rachel

im going on the 30th… I thought you could only go on the 27th or the 30th

• 27 Feb 2013 Rhys Halliwell said

Rhys Halliwell

When I check the availability it tells me that the 25th, 27th and 29th are available but no mention of 30th. Kinda strange.

• 28 Feb 2013 Angela said

Angela

May 20th. That’s freaking where it’s at.

• 28 Feb 2013 Rhys Halliwell said

Rhys Halliwell

Pffft, the 20th is for chumps. We’ve already established that all the cool kids are going on the 27th.

• 28 Feb 2013 Angela said

Angela

that’s impossible..

• 15 Mar 2013 Tony Silvestri said

Tony Silvestri

Team Canada will be present on the tour starting the 20th. Looking forward to Cannes and the F1 race at Monaco. Depending on the schedule we should be there during or right after the race.

• 6 Apr 2013 Rhys Halliwell said

Rhys Halliwell

The reason people from different countries are seeing different dates for departure is due to the fact that Contiki gives Americans and Canadians an extra 2 days at the start of their trip for traveling time to London. So a trip starting on the 30th of may shows up to Australians as starting on the 1st of June (which is the date it leaves London). So my trip on the 27th would show up to Americans or Canadians as starting on the 25th.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.