Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best of USA 18th November 2013

15 Feb 2013 mitch10190 asked

Default_avatar

Just booked this tour (starting in LA) with 3 friends, just wondering if anyone else has booked the same tour? Also wondering what others who have already done this tour have thought?

• 19 Mar 2013 Jarrad said

Jarrad

Damn, Ohwell should still be a pretty festive time in NYC

• 19 Mar 2013 brads2013 said

brads2013

shots?

• 19 Mar 2013 annie_31 said

annie_31

Oh that sucks we might miss the parade :( Apparently there are restaurants in NY where you can order an entire thanksgiving day feast! Family dinner anyone? haha. Yay Brooke I think we will be on the Empire State Building for your birthday! How old are you turning?

• 19 Mar 2013 Jarrad said

Jarrad

Haha bring on big celebrations all nights

• 20 Mar 2013 Jacqui said

Default_avatar

hey guys haven’t booked yet, but might, just wondering what everyone is budgeting for. I haven’t traveled that much and am unsure of how much I should be saving.
    Thanks
    :)

• 20 Mar 2013 brads2013 said

brads2013

For me (including 6 extra nights in LA/NYC and flying home from Florida) it cost me 6k all up.
    I will be taking some spending money too (1-2k all up probably)

Default_avatar

Hi Brad thanks,
    Yeah I was more thinking the spending money. Thanks for that, And you are going earlier than the tour?

• 20 Mar 2013 brads2013 said

brads2013

There are lots of optional parts on the tour, and I have been told by friends it’s always best to do as much as you can of the optional’s since they’re really fun.

I believe the majority of people are getting there 2+ days before the tour to spend in LA, and 2+ days after to spend in NYC. Three days in LA and four days in NYC isn’t enough according to everyone I know. Contiki let’s you add a day early and day after for the hotels we are staying in, but any more than a day needs to be booked in another hotel. (this is what my travel agent told me)

Default_avatar

thanks so much for all the info brad! Much appreciated! Might see you in November!

• 24 Mar 2013 brads2013 said

brads2013

My code isn’t working for Meetups :(
    Might need to contact Contiki support

• 8 May 2013 Keawatson1 said

Default_avatar

This looks like such a great tour, may have to change my plans hmmm……

• 24 Jul 2013 elly31 said

Default_avatar

Hey there! My names Elly from Melbourne Australia & I have just booked on this tour as well! I am also travelling alone and will be 21, bit nervous but will be good to meet you’s all! :)

• 25 Jul 2013 shae88 said

shae88

Hi All,

WooHoo not long now!!

We have created a Facebook group for this tour. Its easier to chat on there.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/600082830012279/

Cant wait to meet you all. :)

• 25 Jul 2013 Zen said

Default_avatar

I’m booked in for this tour too =) I’m going solo and I have never left Australia before so I’m really REALLY nervous and excited. Hope to make friends I’m 21 from Warrnambool, Victoria. If you are going please shout me out a post. Cheers

• 26 Jul 2013 annie_31 said

annie_31

Hey Elly and Zen! You guys are close to Jarrad and I… We are travelling from Geelong! This will be my first trip out of Australia too and I’m so excited to meet everyone :)

• 26 Jul 2013 littlebella90 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys!! I just booked this tour a couple days ago! Im Marie, I’m 22 from Melbourne and going on my own….Nervous and excited all at once haha can’t wait to meet everyone!

• 26 Jul 2013 Zen said

Default_avatar

Really?! LOL wow small world. So glad I’m not the only one who hasn’t been out of Australia. BRING IT ON!!

• 27 Jul 2013 AA said

AA

G’day all, how we all doing? (G’day-such a stereotypical intro!). Looks like this group is building up nicely-both in numbers and personalities! I’ve got a bit of a random question here to contribute to discussions: just wondering why people decided on this particular time of year, and not earlier (i.e. June/July). I’m assuming the usual factors have come up-uni commitments etc. I’m defs going to do this tour as I heard it was amazing! Just deliberating as to whether to do it in those times next year, or this very tour (if you’d have me, of course!). Oh, and for anyone venturing into the unknown on their own, having done one before, I think it makes it even better! Any input would be great guys! Thesis end…!

• 27 Jul 2013 littlebella90 said

Default_avatar

Hey AA, not sure about the others but for me, i chose this time of year as I’ve still got my final semester of uni ahead of me. I leave for LA literally the day after uni is out haha. I see it as a way to treat myself after I would have completed my degree! :) I’m presuming maybe the others are in similar situations with uni…but yeah otherwise it would have been great to go now its summer! :)

• 28 Jul 2013 annie_31 said

annie_31

Hey AA! I am also finishing uni this year and plan to do post-grad studies next year so winter is really the only time I can travel. There are some plus sides though, being in NY for thanksgiving and hopefully seeing all the Christmas decorations and snow. It will be a very festive time of year!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.