Community_discussions_small  

Question

Eastern Escapade starting July 19, 2013

15 Feb 2013 Christian asked

Christian

Hi everyone,

Is someone else on the trip on 19. July?
Stefan and I booked last week - hoping a lot of you will join us.

See you,
Christian (32, Erlangen/Germany)

• 20 Feb 2013 Amy-Louise said

Amy-Louise

Hey, I have just booked to come on this tour starting July 19. I will be flying solo and I am from Australia. Would be great to get to know others beforehand :)

Talk soon,
    Amy

• 23 Feb 2013 Christian said

Christian

hi Amy,
    great to have sog on the trip.
    It is quite a long flight forq you. Do you stay some days longer in the US?
    bye, Christian

• 23 Feb 2013 Amy-Louise said

Amy-Louise

Yes, it is quite a long flight. I have 5 days prior to the tour in Huntsville Alabama at a space camp and then 1 night in New York, then after the tour I have 2 nights in New York before flying home.
    Do you have any extra time in the US? Have you been there before?

• 24 Feb 2013 Christian said

Christian

I arrive at the 15. and have 4 nights in New York before our tour and 2 nights after (flight on the 2.).
    Do you also stay in the Courtyard Manhattan from 18. to 19.? 7am is a inhuman time to start…
    What is your hotel in September?
    This will be my third time in the US. Last year I made a trip in California, Las Vegas, some parks, … with a similar aged group, but not Contiki. I really enjoyed it.

• 24 Feb 2013 Amy-Louise said

Amy-Louise

Oh lovely :) I will have a familiar face around :) I am also staying in the courtyard Marriott before and after the trip. Maybe we will be able to catch up before the tour starts? I agree – 7am is not a good start time especially when you are on holidays hehe.

Your previous trips sound awesome :) I love California – I have been there twice previously. Mostly for Disneyland I will admit.

I am really looking forward to this trip :)

Christian

Do you also stay in the Courtyard Upper East side? I just saw there are several courtyards in Manhattan…
    I stay only the 2 nights before our trip – later I am in Metro Hotel 35th street. But I am sure it’s easy to meet somewhere…
    Do you know someone else on the trip?

Amy-Louise

Yep, I am in the upper east side :) I have heard it is easy to get around in New York.
    I have briefly spoken to another girl on the trip, but I am flying solo. So you are the first person I have really had a chance to chat to. Do you know anyone else on the trip?

Christian

I share a room with the same mate like last year in US – room partys are garanted ;-)
    Let’s start a facebook group for this trip – will make it much easier to stay in contact. The name is “USA-Eastern Escapade (19.-31. July 2013)”. So come and join.

Amy-Louise

Sounds great :)

Amy-Louise

Unfortunately my Facebook skills are nt very good and cannot find the group. You can find me- name is Amy-Louise Peen

• 25 Feb 2013 Christian said

Christian

by the if you look for me, search for Christian Mxller…
    Holping forward to see you

• 25 Feb 2013 Amy-Louise said

Amy-Louise

Look forward to talking :)

• 29 Mar 2013 Emma said

Emma

Hey guys!
    I am coming as a solo too! I am also from Australia. I’m having two weeks prior to the trip in Toronto at my Aunt’s, and then 5 nights in New York. Great to know someone else is going to be solo!
    Emma

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.