Community_discussions_small  

Question

Advice?

16 Feb 2013 laurenma asked

laurenma

Hello all!
Just wanted to get your advice/input. I haven't traveled to Europe and definitely plan to in the next summer or so, just wondering whether I should go solo or I should first go through Contiki? It seems like a wonderful program to travel through being only 19. When I go to Europe I definitely want to travel for at least 3 weeks to no more than 2 months so I can explore as many countries as possible! Just wondering if any one who has gone on one of the Contiki trips would do it again or would do it alone the next time? If you think Contiki, which tour would you recommend?
Let me know (:

ps. if you have traveled through Contiki, just curious if you were able to get out at night time and do your own thing with people? I don't like to be tied down to a tour group that's my only concern.

• 19 Feb 2013 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

I went solo and I would definitely do it again. My contiki tour was great. Had a good tour guide and a great bunch of tour mates. I’d highly recommend it if you’re an outgoing person. As for what tour, it doesnt really matter which one you pick as they all seem great. It really depends what countries you want to visit.

You can easily go and do your own thing. You’re not tied down with your free at all. You get free time and you’re welcomed to do whatever you want then.

• 2 Mar 2013 juana1010 said

Default_avatar

I have gone solo on Contiki. If you have never been to Europe before or traveled by yourself, I definitely recommend doing a tour. However, since you seem to want to travel for 3 weeks to 2 months, you could do some mixture of tours and traveling by yourself.

I find that if you want to travel to a lot of countries, tours are the best. If you want to explore one or two cities in depth, then do that on your own.

If you go on a tour, you don’t have to be tied down to a tour group. You can go off on your own if you want.

As for what tour to recommend, it depends what you want to see. There are so many. Any of them will be good.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.