Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Hawaiian Stopovers

16 May 2008 Jess Knight said

Jess Knight
Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has done one of the Hawaiian Stopovers. Are they worth the money, or would you be better off doing it yourself? I have had a look at the description of the tours and it looks to me as though the only things that are really included are the accomodation and the fact that you have someone to point you in the direction of where you may want to go. Are there any tours or activities involved at all? Any advice on this would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jess
  • 17 May 2008 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

i was looking in to it – but its such a rip off…its just accomm.

im stopping over on the way back from contiki in america and just booked accomm myself online…even my travel agent couldnt get as cheap as i wanted to yeah…

• 20 May 2008 Polar said

Default_avatar

Not sure how much is included, but the idea of spending a few days in Hawaii while traveling by myself doesn’t sound like that much fun.

A bunch of other people getting together to do stuff for a few days….thats what I see to be getting out of staying with Contiki in Hawaii.

• 29 May 2008 Kiwi_chk said

Default_avatar

Anyone that has done a Hawaiian Stopover…
    What sort of things did you do?
    What is there to do?
    What do you recommend?

• 30 May 2008 Pervy said

Pervy

Hi, I had a stopover in Hawaii after my Contiki in Europe. I booked the hotel through contiki. I didn’t do much at all to be honest. Was perfect to relax after the full on time I had in Europe. Spent most of the days just looking around, eating and lying in the sun. If you can find a hotel for a better price and relax then do it but Hawaii really was the perfect way to end the time away plus it helped with jet lag since they are very close to the time back home just a day behind.(make sence?)

• 31 May 2008 *jillybean* said

Default_avatar

There are a lot of outdoor things to do in Hawaii. If you stay in Waikiki, you can do water activities (jet ski, para sailing, surf, kayak, water bike), the zoo and aquarium are in walking distance, there are tours that you can take to go hiking, snorkeling, touring the island. The bus system is good, where you can pretty much go anywhere and it doesn’t take too long (and it’s cheap). The biggest shopping center on Oahu is near the beginning of Waikiki. Pearl Harbor is about 30 minutes away. As far as nightlife, there are lots of clubs/bars to go to – most of them are crowded on weekends.

If there is anything else you would like to know, just ask. I lived there.

• 31 May 2008 Kiwi_chk said

Default_avatar

Razzer<!--graemlin::p--> Cool thanks for all the info Pervy and Jillybean!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.