Community_discussions_small  

Comment

NY TO LA 23 Oct 2009

19 Apr 2009 Clare&Robbie said

Default_avatar
hey, hey, we are Aussies living in London. We have booked and looking forward to the Grand Southern ~ keen to hear about fellow travellers also booked or thinking of booking on this tour. Looks awesome and terrific reviews - can not wait!!!!!

clare & robbie Big Grin
  • 24 May 2009 Rhi :) said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,
    My other half and I are also doing this one!
    We’re two Aussies living in Perth, we’re doing a bit of a round the world slog before doing the ‘grown-up’ thing (you know, building a house, sorting out a company, having kids, you know the drill!)… we’re going to be hitting NY the week before (after leaving Perth in July, visiting Egypt, Europe then Canada). It’s going to be wicked! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I started a Facebook group for this trip too, it’s on the Groups section under Grand Southern Contiki (US) NY – LA 23/10 – 17/11/09.
    Looking forward to it! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> And nice to know you!
    Hugs
    Rhi x

• 10 Jun 2009 Jessymoo said

Default_avatar

Hiya, i live in England and am 20, i was thinking of going on this tour on my own, seems the other way is more popular (LA – NY) but ive already been to new york and i’d really like to spend some time in california afterwards when im abit more confident to look around by myself or with any new friends i meet on the tour.

The price seems to have changed alot for this tour, i have emailed contiki but im not happy about it if its just gone up just today as ive been looking at from £1692 to £2363 making it £91 per day!

Can’t seem to find the facebook page either, i’ve tried copy and paste into the search for friends box on the find friends tab, is this right?

Hope to hear from you soon Jessica

• 10 Jun 2009 Rhi :) said

Default_avatar

Hey Jessica! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Those prices are SCARY! I can’t believe it’s changed so much… I couldn’t tell you what it cost us in pounds, my hubby took care of all of the details for me! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> He’s such a nice boy!
    For the Facebook thing, you’ll have to go to the Groups section (check the bottom left hand side of your profile) and then search for Grand Southern Contiki.
    We’re going to be staying in Anaheim for a week afterwards – gotta do Disneyland and Universal Studios of course! We were also looking at doing a tour down to Tijuana in Mexico… but that one might be canned with everything that’s going on in there ATM!
    It’d be great if you did decide to do this tour! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Hugs
    Rhi xx

• 11 Jun 2009 Jessymoo said

Default_avatar

Thanks Rhi, i have signed up 2 the facebook group and im currently looking into the prices of flights etc at travel agents, will let u know when i have deff booked. Yea im thinking 2 stay away from Mexico at the moment and i’ve done disney afew times but im interested in the other californa park thing next 2 disney so i might do that 1 day. Keep in touch, Jessica

• 23 Jun 2009 Clare&Robbie said

Default_avatar

Hi guys! great to hear you are all as keen as we are for this trip!
    Jessica were those prices quoted by contiki or a travel agent? i just checked the web page for GS from NY to LA and contiki are still advertising £1693.00 for this trip.
    we found Air lingus to have the cheapest air fares from London to NY – we’re looking about £300.00 each.

Take care and C U all in NY!
    Rob & Clare.

• 3 Jul 2009 Rhi :) said

Default_avatar

Hey folks!
    Just checking all of the dates and the 23 October is now officially a Guaranteed Departure! Hurray! We’ll see you guys in New York on the 23rd! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->
    Hugs
    Rhi x

• 6 Jul 2009 Explorer1142027 said

Default_avatar

rhi, what a coooool name Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->
    i am also 20 and doing it alone. im sure theres heaps of peeps that go it alone.. riiiight??

• 6 Jul 2009 Rhi :) said

Default_avatar

Hey hey Explorer1142027 (I’m guessing that’s not your real name – otherwise your parents were a little bit mean!) Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I think Jessy was considering doing this trip by herself… my other half and I are coming along together but we’re happy to do stuff separately too – I have a feeling I’m going to be going to DisneyWorld by myself! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Really looking forward to it, we picked up our travel docs yesterday so we’re all set to go!
    Hugs, Rhi xx

• 6 Jul 2009 Explorer1142027 said

Default_avatar

no my parents werent mean, actually im very happy with their name giving. my name is also RHI ehehehheheeh

i dont mind going alone. im ready and not gonna wait for someone to decide.. oooh yeh ooh nah im not going.

i will defiiiiinately be wanting to go to Disneyworld Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->DDDDD
    i have to go there first before my psycho disney fan buddies

im on my way to the travel agent NOW to go through details.
    do you know why people prefer to travel from LA-NY?

• 7 Jul 2009 Rhi :) said

Default_avatar

How funny! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Technically I’m a Rhianna, but Rhi’s just so much easier! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I think most of the Contiki travellers from Australia seem to want to do LA to NY, simply cos it’s cheaper/easier to fly to LA than NY to begin with… but because we’re coming from Europe, we wanted to do it the other way!
    Hope your travel agent is helpful! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Hugs
    Rhi x

• 7 Jul 2009 Rhi :) said

Default_avatar

Oh, and I used to work for Disney here in Australia so if I can get to DisneyWorld (even for one day) I’ll be stoked… we do have three days in Disneyland at the end of our trip though! hehehe!

• 8 Jul 2009 Explorer1142027 said

Default_avatar

yes they were helpful. and i found an awesome deal on flights where it doesnt cost me anymore to fly to NY than to LA soo BONUUUS!!! thumbs up

im now thinking .. do i wanna stay in NY or LA longer… :S
    its hard to decide cause im by myself.. although i thought by the time we get to LA there will be someone who’d wanna stay n go to disney or hollywood tour

wooh this trip is sooner than ya think

• 13 Jul 2009 Sarah1983 said

Default_avatar

Hi all, I’m Sarah, 25 and from Sydney. I’m doing this tour on my own unfortunately but hope to make a lot of new friends!

• 18 Jul 2009 Explorer1134923 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone!

My name is Krysti and im from Queensland, Australia and I will also be doing the tour alone. I am 23 yrs old and did a contiki tour around europe in 2006 and loved it, so here I am again.

I can’t wait!
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 21 Jul 2009 Krystal said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone!

My name is Krystal and I am from Western Australia and just signed up for the tour!! I’m a bit like Krysti actually, I am 24 and doing the tour alone, but I loved the Contiki Europe tour I did in 2007 so I am sure this one is going to be just as good! Cant wait for the trip and to meet everyone!

• 26 Jul 2009 Explorer1142027 said

Default_avatar

yay more peeps coming Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->
    you’re coming alone but you’re not really alone so all is good. flights may be a bit poo by myself though.. hopefully theres a good variety of movies.. fingers crossed. when are others flying in?

• 26 Jul 2009 Krystal said

Default_avatar

I am flying in on the 19th get into NY at 5.30pm on the flight from LA that leaves at 9.15am. Is anybody on that flight or leaving from Brisbane on the 19th at 11.05am??
    I’m planning to see a broadway show or two, check out Museum Mile, Statue of Liberty etc, try and cram it all in in 3 days!!!!!

• 5 Aug 2009 Explorer1142027 said

Default_avatar

thats funny ill be on the same flight but couple days later.. ahh well. will try n hook up with someone the night before the trip to see NY at night Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 10 Aug 2009 Rhi :) said

Default_avatar

Hey Krystal,
    We’re going to be in NY from the 16th… we’ve got a couple of ‘authentic’ New Yorkers who will hopefully be showing us around for a couple of days but if you want some company of some fellow WA’ers for your Broadway show, etc (I’m keen as to see Avenue Q – we’re going to miss it in Perth when we’re on tour! or anything really!), message me on rhianna_reynolds@yahoo.com.au
    Hugs
    Rhi xx

• 24 Aug 2009 AnthonyG said

Default_avatar

Hey guys

I too am doing this tour, sort of at least. I’m only going halfway to New Orleans and then get off (I have to get back to work…) I actually did the 2nd half last year but got off early then to again go back to work…

I’m from Wollongong just outside Sydney and can’t wait to get over there. I get into New York the week before and have family so will be doing the relo thing (and free accommodation)!

I’ll join the Facebook group now.

I can’t wait to meet you all!

Anthony

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.