Community_discussions_small  

Question

Charging Cell phone and Lap Top?

18 Feb 2013 ZubazWrestler asked

ZubazWrestler

I am from the USA, and I was wondering if there was anything special I will need to bring if I go on a tour this summer in Europe. I know that the power outlets are different in Europe, so is there any advice for me as I am planning on bringing my cell phone and lap top. Thanks.

• 19 Feb 2013 TBryHoff said

TBryHoff

Hey man, standard items like that (as opposed to certain electrics you would use in a bathroom like a hair dryer or electric shaver that might run on a different voltage) only need an adapter. You can get US to Euro adapters in a lot of electronic stores for relatively cheap. However, if you are looking to do a lot more traveling, I picked up a great adapter set from Brookestone for maybe around $40 that comes with adapters for all over the world as well as a voltage converter if ever needed. It comes in a rather hefty plastic case, but obviously you only need to carry around the adapters needed for where you are traveling. Best part is the inside cover of the case has a color coded map of the world so you know which adapters to bring with you and when. Most of Europe is on the same adapter and this set comes with two for Europe so you would be good with your laptop and phone. I havent used this set for anything other than Europe though, but can def vouch for its use there. Enjoy your trip.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.