Community_discussions_small  

Question

Am I too old for this? Be honest!

19 Feb 2013 Joshua asked

Joshua

I'm 29 years old and looking to travel solo to Europe for the first time. Contiki seems like a good idea because I would love to travel with interesting people looking to have fun. I know the site says 18-35 but be honest, am I going to be "that old guy"?

• 20 Feb 2013 January82 said

January82

I’m 31 and booked on my first contiki trip May 1! I’m a bit nervous about being too old as well, but have heard from lots of people that the ages really do range. I’ve heard lots of the younger travelers do the camping/budget tours. I’m doing a superior one so hoping the group will be a little older. Either way, I’m excited and you should definitely just go for it :)

• 20 Feb 2013 Suse said

Suse

You are definitely not too old, you are as young as you feel! I’ve done 2 contiki tours so far and got on really well with the guys/girls who were in their later 20s, early 30s. As Belly16 said, as long as you participate in most group activities you won’t have any problems! :)

• 20 Feb 2013 Jacqui said

Jacqui

Never too old!! If you’re a people person and want to have a good time you’ll get along with anyone on a Contiki! Im going on my first one this year and even though im in my early 20’s im looking forward to meeting people of all ages :)

• 21 Feb 2013 Bree said

Bree

I am 27 and going on my first contiki solo too. I decided that a time-out tour will probably have an older contiki crowd so thats why I chose it, that being said I can act and party like a 16 year old. You obviously want to do it, so just go ahead and book it, otherwise you’ll always regret it!! And its not like your 40!!!

PS I think you’ll have more fun being an older guy than an older girl

• 21 Feb 2013 Joshua said

Joshua

Thanks for all the encouragement guys! I am leaning toward the 14 day Greek island hopping tour in June. It’s a Superior Easy Pace tour which I think will suit me. I am getting so excited!

• 21 Feb 2013 ally04 said

ally04

I went on my first contiki last year to Ireland and was 29, and had the most amazing time. Our group did have the “youngin’s” and then those of us that were a bit older. I’m planning on doing another contiki in June, eastern road, and haven’t thought about the age issue once! You’ll have a blast!

• 22 Feb 2013 NYGiantsFan said

Default_avatar

You are definetely not too old because if you are then I am over the hill. However, tours like Greek Island hopping and Croatia sailing or hopping would have more younger crowd in their early-20’s. That is because those place are beautiful no doubt but not too much sight seeing and all you do is beach during the day and party at night. Tours such as Eastern Road, Berlin to Budapest, Great Britain & Ireland etc… are more mixed to even a bit older crowd because it is more about sight seeing then relaxing and partying

• 23 Feb 2013 AndrewBeer said

AndrewBeer

first time i did a contiki tour i was one of the oldest people in the group at 24 yo,

• 23 Feb 2013 Bec said

Bec

Greek island hopping! I’m going on June 13 I cant wait, first time overseas… Scared but super excited.

• 1 Apr 2013 Sofya said

Sofya

I just turned 29 and going on my 2nd Contiki in May – Greek Island Adventurer – Budget. Yeah it’ll probably be a little younger cuz its Island hopping but its ok – i’m 18 at heart! :)

• 7 Apr 2013 Hannah said

Hannah

Did you end up booking a trip? I did the western highlights one when I was 28 and I was one of the oldest, a lot of 21-23 year old australians, but we all had a blast. Now I am going to be 31 and just booked for the European Discovery tour startig June 20th. Hopefully I wont be too much older then every one else, and a good thing I can pass as 25 lol. It will be a blast either way. Just make the most of your trip, and if you are going solo, go with the twin accomodations. They will pair you with someone close to your age and it helps you get to know the people better. You will have a last if you deside to go :)

• 14 Apr 2013 2b said

Default_avatar

joshua, age is how you feel inside i m 27 but i swear my friends and ppl think i m 21 but i always feel like i m 18 lol . just keep in mind you are going to be around lots of 21 to 23 yrs old which you are more mature then they are. timing is what that that matters when booking.book when student is in school you tend to have a more higher age group not when student breaks .

• 12 Jun 2013 Will_86 said

Will_86

I did Great Britain & Ireland when I was 25, I wasn’t the oldest on the tour, had a wicked time!! The ages on the tour varied a lot! I’m now 27 and I’m booked on the European encounter starting on 4th of Jan, you’ll be fine! Nobody really cares about age!

• 12 Aug 2013 TVMonica said

TVMonica

30 is the new 20! My entire group of six ladies were all 30 and 31! You dont feel old at all! Its perfect for our age group!

• 14 Aug 2013 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

Ya, you’ll be fine! I was 25 on my tour and was in the middle of the pack age-wise. The longer and more expensive tours do tend to have “older” (mid-late 20s) crowds tough

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion