Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Contiki tour advice

18 Jul 2007 Loogie said

Default_avatar
Hey everyone, I've travelled with Contiki and would like to offer some advice:

If you plan on taking a credit card to Europe, you may want to call your credit card company to let them know you'll be travelling so they don't think the card has been stolen and cut you off.

Another thing I recommend is carrying your cash in a money belt, I find it safer.

Plan on spending $100-$150 USD per day. You'll have to buy lunches daily, souveneirs, some dinners and going out at night. You should try exchanging money before you leave. You'll have to chance to do so on the tour, but easier to get that part out of the way and have one less thing to worry about.

When you pack, throw some clothing into your carry-on to lighten the weight of the suitcase and in case your luggage gets lost. Leave room for souveneirs & carry with you an extra copy of your pasport and hotel address list.

In terms of weight of luggage, it's the airlines that are more strict than Contiki. Each airline has their own weight threshold & will only be too glad to charge you extra for going over. You can find out the limit/rules by going on the airline's website.

Feel free to ask me anything else.

Brian (from New York)
brij75@yahoo.com

Southern Ireland '97
Grand Explorer '00
Rainbow Nation '01 (no longer offered by Contiki)
Beaches & Reefs '02-'03
  • 21 Aug 2007 steve said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Loogie:
    Hey everyone, I’ve travelled with Contiki and would like to offer some advice:

If you plan on taking a credit card to Europe, you may want to call your credit card company to let them know you’ll be travelling so they don’t think the card has been stolen and cut you off.
    thanks mate for the help
    Another thing I recommend is carrying your cash in a money belt, I find it safer.

Plan on spending $100-$150 USD per day. You’ll have to buy lunches daily, souveneirs, some dinners and going out at night. You should try exchanging money before you leave. You’ll have to chance to do so on the tour, but easier to get that part out of the way and have one less thing to worry about.

When you pack, throw some clothing into your carry-on to lighten the weight of the suitcase and in case your luggage gets lost. Leave room for souveneirs & carry with you an extra copy of your pasport and hotel address list.

In terms of weight of luggage, it’s the airlines that are more strict than Contiki. Each airline has their own weight threshold & will only be too glad to charge you extra for going over. You can find out the limit/rules by going on the airline’s website.

Feel free to ask me anything else.

Brian (from New York)
    brij75@yahoo.com

Southern Ireland ‘97
    Grand Explorer ’00
    Rainbow Nation ’01 (no longer offered by Contiki)
    Beaches & Reefs ’02-’03

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.