Community_discussions_small  

Comment

28 July 2010

30 Dec 2009 jenza475 said

jenza475
I'm going on the London to Athens Tour starting on July 7th. I'm then continuing on with the Greek Island Hopping on July 28th - August 8th.
Is anyone else going to be in Greece at this time?
  • 11 Jan 2010 Explorer1085990 said

Default_avatar

I’m not sure if this is what you mean, but I’ve booked the Greek Island Hopping tour for July 29th 2010 and it runs until August 10. I don’t see any dates in my contiki book for the 28th?

• 12 Jan 2010 jenza475 said

jenza475

Yeah, that’s very possible. I’m coming from the London to Athens tour, and I tried to figure out what the start day for the GIH would be. My trip does end on the 10th of August, so it sounds like the same one!
    Where are you coming from?

• 20 Jan 2010 Explorer1085990 said

Default_avatar

Cool! Sounds like we’re on the same boat. I’m turning 22 and from New Zealand. wbu?

• 21 Jan 2010 jenza475 said

jenza475

I’ll be 23 for the tour, and I’m coming from Canada. I have just graduated university, so this is my graduation present to myself. I can’t wait to go. It’s my second time overseas, but my first traveling solo. How about you?

• 28 Jan 2010 Explorer1085990 said

Default_avatar

oh cool congrats! I’ve just graduated too, so I suppose it could be a present to myself also. Although a fricken expensive one! I did my first Contiki tours a couple years ago, one in LA and the other in New York City. This is my first trip to Europe though, I’m so excited!

• 7 Feb 2010 Sy said

Default_avatar

hey guys. sounds like we’re all doing the graduation thing. im doing the same and hey explorer, your not the only kiwi on this trip either Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> looking forward to having a few drinks on the beach with ya’s

• 8 Feb 2010 jenza475 said

jenza475

That definitely sounds good right about now!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 8 Feb 2010 A V I V A said

Default_avatar

Hey, I might also be on this tour. Just have to figure out if I can get to Athens by the 29th…

I, too, graduated last year and am treating myself AGAIN..haha…

• 14 Feb 2010 Explorer1085990 said

Default_avatar

its good to meet you guys before the trip. anybody on facebook? sy, which part of nz are you from?

• 15 Feb 2010 Sy said

Default_avatar

Yip im on facebook. Im from Taranki. Where abouts are you from and what uni did you go to?

• 17 Feb 2010 Explorer1085990 said

Default_avatar

from Auckland. went to AUT and north shore Massey

• 19 Feb 2010 Jon C. said

Default_avatar

Just booked this trip. I’m 26 and coming from NY, USA. Will be traveling around the mainland starting on July 21, so if anyone is in Greece early and wants to meet up let me know. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

• 20 Feb 2010 A V I V A said

Default_avatar

I’m 24 (female) and from Montreal. I am pretty much set on this date as I will be finishing up a trip in Germany on the 29th and will try to catch a flight to Athens that day.

Anyone know how many people are on this tour generally? Minimum, maximum? Any other info form travel agents would be great too Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

feel free to add me on facebook, you can check out my pics of mykonos, santorini and athens from my trip last summer…fell in love with greece and can’t wait to go back!!!

Aviva A

• 21 Feb 2010 jenza475 said

jenza475

Hi everyone!

Aviva, did you travel to Greece on your own last summer, or was it with a tour company?
    I’ve seen some reviews from Contiki Tours, and the scenery looks phenomenal!

I’ll be 23 by the time the trip rolls around. I can’t wait to meet you all!!

• 21 Feb 2010 A V I V A said

Default_avatar

I went on a mediterranean cruise with family then finished off in Spain and Sicily with friends.
    I wouldn’t do a cruise again…if you think contiki speeds through destinations, a cruise is 10 times worse.

Honestly, Mykonos was amazing…I really can’t wait to go back because the cruise stopped there for only a day.
    The price of booze, water and food is extremely reasonable if you know where to look.
    I found a bunch of convenience stores that sold pints for a euro, packs of 5 water bottles for a euro, etc….gyros places galore and the food is SO GOOD!!!

Santorini was great too but its so big that I hardly can say I saw it all. I made the mistake of taking a boat to the volcanice beaches which are extremely secluded…ie: no bars, restaurants, just a tiny strip of black or red sand beach…not worth the choppy boat ride and time.

Athens was fun, especially the ruins but it is a huge, dirty city so not the same impact but great to visit nonetheless. The Plaka area is so charming!
    I plan to visit some beaches there before the tour starts…

I’m so excited for Ios! I’ve heard nothing but great things about the island and the far out beach hotel!

Woo, can’t wait!

• 8 Mar 2010 CanadianGirl said

Default_avatar

Hello from Vancouver, Canada. I just booked on this tour. I did the European Explorer last summer and had the time of my life!!!

• 25 Mar 2010 Explorer1174543 said

Default_avatar

Hey team,
    I am a New Zealander also, Me and my bro are greek island Hopping it up with you guys. First time travelling further than Australia so am very amped to explore greece.
    Look Foward to meeting you all!

• 21 Jul 2010 Jon C. said

Default_avatar

Hey all – looking forward to our trip next week. I will be arriving in Athens on July 26th if anyone is there early and wants to hit some beaches.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.