Community_discussions_small  

Question

Eastern Escapade 19 July 2013

20 Feb 2013 Amy-Louise asked

Amy-Louise

Hey,

Is anyone else going on this tour - eastern escapade starting the 19th July 2013? Soo excited! I will be by myself so I am looking forward to meeting some new people.

Amy :)

• 3 Mar 2013 lesley said

lesley

Hi Amy,

I’m going on this tour as well, just booked on Friday. So excited!! Will you be sticking around in New York at the end of the tour?

Lesley

• 3 Mar 2013 Amy-Louise said

Amy-Louise

Hi Lesley,
    How exciting :) yeah, I am staying at the courtyard Marriott for an extra 2 nights before I fly back home. How about you?
    Amy

• 3 Mar 2013 lesley said

lesley

I fly in at 10:30 the night before, so I’m staying in New York for another 5 days or so at the end so I can explore the city a bit. I am staying at the courtyard the night before the tour because otherwise I don’t think I’d find my way there on time!

Amy-Louise

I fly into New York the night before also and will e in the courtyard Marriott. I found it easier just staying there and like you said – no getting lost! Where are you staying after? Maybe we can do some exploring together! I have never been to New York before. I see you are originally from Brisbane. I’m just up the road at the sunny coast :)

• 3 Mar 2013 lesley said

lesley

I haven’t booked any accommodation for afterwards yet, but a few of my friends have been in New York recently and stayed in really good hostels, so I might try that. My list of things to see there is a mile long, so I would definitely be up for some exploring together!

Amy-Louise

It’s always good to know someone who has been there before who can tell you where to go and where to avoid. Mine too! I want to see as much as I can in the short time I am there – much more exciting with someone else I reckon :)

• 25 Mar 2013 Jules said

Jules

Hey, I’m Jules and I’m a little further up the road – North Queensland. I’m 99% sure I’ll be on this tour too :)

• 27 Mar 2013 Amy-Louise said

Amy-Louise

Oh wonderful! I am getting super excited :D where abouts in North Queensland are you – it is another beautiful part of the world.

• 27 Mar 2013 Jules said

Jules

I can’t wait! I think I’m even more excited now that I know I’m not the only solo traveller to be honest :) I’m in the Whitsundays area :)

• 29 Mar 2013 Emma said

Emma

Hey I’m Emma and I’m from Sydney. I was always a scared to go solo, so I’m happy to talk to others before we go! I’m so excited!

• 29 Mar 2013 Amy-Louise said

Amy-Louise

Jules: the whitsundays is absolutely beautiful, I love it up there! I felt exactly the same way about being a solo traveller and I now feel at ease that there are many other solo travellers also. It’s going to be so much fun and I am very excited also!
    Emma: lovely to meet you Emma :) nice to meet another solo traveller! I think this is going to be an awesome trip!

• 31 Mar 2013 Jules said

Jules

It is Amy, I’m very lucky to have seen a few of the islands as well as the mainland areas.
    It’s so exciting to know that there will be a few solo travellers on our tour.
    Nice to meet you all!

• 31 Mar 2013 Amy-Louise said

Amy-Louise

So beautiful! I agree, it will be so much more exciting I reckon if we are all solo travellers then we are all in the same boat also :) this is going to be an amazing trip!

• 1 Apr 2013 Christian said

Christian

Hi,
    great to meet more and more others on the trip. Did I miss something, or why are all from Australia except me?
    It will be great to meet you. If you like to join the facebook groop, like Amy, please add me (Christian Mxller) to your friends and I will invite you.

• 13 Apr 2013 Marnie said

Marnie

Hi All,
    I’m Marnie, I live in southern NSW and will be travelling with my mate Kane who lives in Melbourne. We’re going to spend a week in NY after the tour, staying at the Jane Hotel. Looking forward to meeting you all in person, and more than happy to chat before we go, so exciting! :)

• 5 May 2013 Isabell said

Isabell

Hi,
    I’m Isabell and im going on the Eastern Escapde Tour too. I’m from Germany and really looking forward to meet you and have a good time in the US. See you:)

• 5 May 2013 Amy-Louise said

Amy-Louise

Hi Isabell :) Lovely to meet you. Cannot wait to have an awesome time around the U.S with a great group. If you have facebook, we have a group going on (as mentioned in Christian’s previous comment). Feel free to add and then you can join :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.