Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Roman Baths in Bath

6 Aug 2010 Jenny said

Jenny
Are we given the option to swim in these?
  • 6 Aug 2010 cristin1129 said

cristin1129

No. You wouldn’t want to, the water is all green. When we were there, we could touch the water, but not swim in it. I do know that you can pay to drink some of the water, but I heard it’s absolutely awful.

• 7 Aug 2010 melaniekate said

Default_avatar

I was there at the end of June and we weren’t allowed to touch the water, let alone swim in it. It’s a gross green colour and I think they said it had a lot of lead in it.

• 7 Aug 2010 Sutho said

Default_avatar

If you from Australia like me you probably remember Getaway or Great Outdoors did a segment on it and showed baths that you could swim in.

Contiki takes you to the old Roman Baths the tourist ones.

However there are thermal baths just 50m away that you can bath in. There is a roof top pool for swimming with the same water drawn from thermal springs as the main Roman Baths.

I asked if you can swim in them on my tour and was told no. I only found out about the ones you can swim in when I got home.

• 8 Aug 2010 justchad said

Default_avatar

Contiki takes you to the Roman Baths, a tourist attraction, so you can touch the green slimy water, but not drink straight from it or swim in it.
    Included in our admission ticket, is the opprtunity to drink the filtered Spa Water, which has about 15 different minerals in it. When I drank it, it tasted like metal and could pnly tolerate half a glass. Good luck, its an experienceSmiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.