Community_discussions_small  

Comment

is this ok [non-contiki travel insurance]

2 Aug 2008 RNTami said

Default_avatar
Hey, I just recieved my contiki packet and it says to bring my passport, itinerary, and travel insurance the day of our meeting. I didnt buy contikis travel insurance but bought my travel agents. Is that ok? Thanks
  • 2 Aug 2008 lesley said

Default_avatar

yep sure is!!

• 2 Aug 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

at the pre-tour meeting they will ask for the policy number, so bring that info with you.

• 2 Aug 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

no contiki insurance is ok. I don’t remember giving my policy number I do remember being asked if I had insurance. Just make sure you print out everything and take a small folder to put all your papers and stuff inside.

• 8 Sep 2008 Susie said

Susie

I did not buy travel insurance. Are they gonna let me on the bus?

• 8 Sep 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

No offence susie but its not very smart not to have travel insurance for trips over $2000. Especially if you don’t know anyone in the country you are visiting.

What if your bag gets lost or stolen, or flight is delayed and you miss out on your first night hotel. You’re stuck paying for that where if you had insurance it would cover some if not all depending on the type you get. The insurance I get even covers if I get sick before (and durring) I leave and have to change the dates of my plane tickes and tour.

Now as far as contiki letting you get on the bus I think insurance is optional but definately extremely highly recommended!!!!!

Not sure what country you are from but its not too late to sign up for some insurance. I paided about $150 for a $3000 trip with and air fare.

• 9 Sep 2008 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Originally posted by Susie:
    I did not buy travel insurance. Are they gonna let me on the bus?

I agree with MJ, that’s not a smart idea. Any number of things could happen to you or go wrong whilst you’re on your and, without insurance, you’re stuffed and stuck with a HUGE out of pocket expense.

• 9 Sep 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar

I used my travel insurance on my first Contiki tour; we were all delayed 2 days because a Greek ferry sank … and then when we finally left the islands, our ferry crashed (but didn’t sink luckily – I was on the Artemis mentioned in the previous link). Missed my plane (by 2 days) and had to pay out of pocket w/ credit card for another plane ticket. Missed my connection which also departed2 days ago … more out of pocket … and a free night stay in Milan. Filed a claim w/ my insurance and got every penny back including extra meals etc …

So which insurance are you buying? Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

- Vic

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion