Community_discussions_small  

Question

Western Rocker or Italian Expresso for June ?

21 Feb 2013 Zeeya asked

Zeeya

Hello fellow Contikites,

This is my first trip with contiki . I just joined the community and I am super pumped up for the trip. I am traveling with a friend who can only do 9 days but I am more flexible. Should we stick to Italian Expresso since its one country or should we go on western rocker ( italy swiss and france ) ?
Is it enough 9 days for 3 places ?

If anyone is interested in coming a few days early I would like to explore rome and venice for couple of days before the tour for western rocker starts. It would be nice to know who else would like to spend more days and get head started.

Thanks

• 2 Jan 2014 bnunez88 said

bnunez88

It depends on what you want to do. I once did a tour with cosmos 5 countries in 14 days, and i got to see a lot of the countries, but you are really rushed. so you cant exactly soak it all in, so I decided this year to do what I did a few years back and thats focus on one country. I did a tour with trafalgar and just focused on southern Italy and it was amazing, saw a lot did a lot. And this year I’m going to do the Italian Expresso in March, never been on a tour with Contiki but I’m excited for it. Good luck on deciding and have an amazing trip!

• 2 Jan 2014 bnunez88 said

bnunez88

lol sorry just realized I typred Expresso not espresso.

• 20 Jan 2014 Emma B said

Emma B

It is really up to you, in the past I have found going to more than 3 countries in one trip gets a bit confusing. I went to 5 countries in 2 weeks and got confused about what I did in each one of them or what I saw….
    I am doing the western rocker in May 2013 hopefully!

• 20 Jan 2014 GwenT said

GwenT

euopean magic tour is 5 countries in 9 days so I think you’ll do just fine on your tour :) I guess it all depends on how much you want to see x

• 25 Feb 2014 Jade87 said

Jade87

I am planning on doing the italian espresso or the western rocker in July. If i choose the western rocker I was considering starting a few days extra in Italy before. Pitty we are not going at the same time!!

• 25 Feb 2014 NYGiantsFan said

Default_avatar

Simply Italy is a more in depth tour of Italy as it is 12 days 11 nights. I am all booked up for Sept 28 – Oct 9, the weather will be perfect at that time

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion