Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Select Account

1 May 2008 muzio said

Default_avatar
Hello,
On Canadian bank cards, anyway, you have the choice between your chequing account or savings account when withdrawing money.
In Europe, are the ATMs equipped to give you a choice?
Ideally, I'd like to have access to both my accounts, but I may have to rearrange my debit card setup if I can only use one type.
  • 1 May 2008 Chris1982 said

Chris1982

Hi Muzio,

I have an account with TD Canada Trust. I am heading out on an Ultimate European next week so I haven’t gone yet but I did ask this question to the people at the bank. They told me I would need my money in the Chequing account to access it. They said if I need to transfer money from my savings to use the internet banking site from a computer that I trusted. Also make sure you only have a 4 digit pin.

• 1 May 2008 muzio said

Default_avatar

Thanks Chris, that’s what I had heard a few years ago. Wasn’t sure if it was still the case. I guess I’ll be off to the bank to get the card reprogrammed.
    Do you happen to know the conversion charge the TD charges on their debit/visas?

• 1 May 2008 Amelie said

Amelie
    quote:
    WHAT?? really?? can anyone else verify this???

Everything Chris said was right on. I’m with the RBC and I had to change my acount to a chequing one. They said that some machines might have the saving options but that the vast majority only had the chequing one. It takes just a couple of minutes for them to change it around so just go to your bank and don’t stress about it to much. You have to go in (or call them) anyways to inform them your going to be travelling so that they dont freeze your acount when they see the transactions being made overseas, just make the change to chequing at the same time.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.