Community_discussions_small  

Question

Oktoberfest Hotel Tour

21 Feb 2013 adamh707 asked

Default_avatar

Hi All,

I wanted to know how the Oktoberfest hotel tour worked. I plan on staying in the time out oktoberfest tour that starts and finishes in Munich, http://www.contiki.com/destinations/europe/tours/842-oktoberfest-6-days-hotel-munich.

The tour fits my time table perfectly.

I wanted to know, is the hotel usually within a short taxi/cab/walk ride from the fields? Is there a good social atmosphere to the group, or do people go off on their own? Does the tour include a table reservation?

I am travelling with a mate, I was originally looking at booking my own hotel room, but for two people in two single beds, It was going to cost 180+ each per night for 5 nights. This tour seems to offer a better price then spending over $2000AUD on a hotel for 2 people for 5 nights.

• 23 Feb 2013 AndrewBeer said

AndrewBeer

This is my first time of doing the oktoberfest tour staying in an hotel and im doing the 5 day tour, so when i looked up which hotel we were staying at, Best Western Grand City Hotel, it is a fair distance away from munich city centre, but because of this contiki are able to make the tour affordable. But there are shuttle buses from the hotel to oktoberfest via the city centre.

From the previous times ive been, its been a good atmosphere you meet alot of new people and make some good friends, alot of people go off on their own, but then you always drunkingly run into them later on in the day, but then you get the people that keep to their own group and arent interested in talking to others, but you get this with any tour.

• 2 Jun 2013 Brad Hampson said

Brad Hampson

Hey lads,

I am doing the Oktoberfest Concept tour from the 28th Sep – 03 of Oktober.. If either of you (or anyone else) are doing the same tour, just send me a message on here or add my facebook!
    www.facebook.com/hamob

Cheers guys, best of luck on your travels :).

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion