Community_discussions_small  

Question

London to Athens - September 3rd 2013

23 Feb 2013 JessicaV asked

JessicaV

Anyone doing the London to Athens tour on September 2013? I know its a little far away, but it'd be great to start meeting people who are going on this tour! I'm super excited since its my first contiki trip, however I'm a little nervous since Ill be travelling solo... if anyone has any good tips or advice about this tour, please let me know =) thanks!

• 28 Feb 2013 Jess Smith said

Default_avatar

Hi Jessica :D I’m Jess and Im doing this tour aswell on september 5th. This is also my first contiki tour which I’m doing alone so I’m freaking out big time haha so at the moment I havent got any advice at the moment haha
    Look forward to meeting you :)

• 1 Mar 2013 JessicaV said

JessicaV

hey hey! I knew there would be another jess on this tour! haha but yes im freaking out as well…. Its an excited freak out though =) I look forward to meeting you too…. have you been to europe before? not only is this my first trip solo, its also my first time in europe so im hoping its just as amazing as people say it is =)

• 1 Mar 2013 Jess Smith said

Default_avatar

HEY :D I am so excited as well..how could you not be? lol This is my first contiki and very first trip to Europe but it deffinately won’t be my last :) I think that it will be even more amazing then what people say , it’s one thing to hear but another to see it yourself :) Where abouts do you live we can possibly catch up before hand? :)

• 14 Mar 2013 JessicaV said

JessicaV

AHH i totally forgot to respond to this!! sorry =( anyways I live in vancouver, Canada, how about yourself? I hope you live in Vancouver because it would be awesome to meet up before we left =D

• 24 Mar 2013 Jess Smith said

Default_avatar

Hey Jess :) hahaha that’s alright. Canada are you serious?!? what’s it like there? Is it awesome? Because really the only things I know about it is from ‘How I met Your Mother’ and that isn’t much lol. I live in Wollongong Australia :) So looks like we’ll have to have our grand meeting in September wooooo :D

• 14 Jun 2013 Stephanie said

Default_avatar

Hey guys Just wanted to say hi, I’m doing the same tour in september. Should be a great time. And really don’t worry about going alone, its not as scary as it sounds! I’ve been travelling by myself since I was about 15 years old and it has always been lots of fun! Can’t wait to meet everyone!!

• 20 Jun 2013 JessicaV said

JessicaV

Hey Stephanie! Nice to meet you =) Im super excited about this tour too… cant believe its only a couple months away! I Where are you from?? And have you done a contiki tour before? =)

• 20 Jun 2013 Stephanie said

Default_avatar

nice to meet you too! yeah it should be lots of fun, hopefully the next few months go by quickly! I’m from alberta, and no I have not done a contiki tour, this will be my first. From what I’ve heard its an awesome company, a few of my co-workers have done tours with them and they said it was great and reccommended them.

• 27 Jun 2013 JessicaV said

JessicaV

Alberta eh? Fellow canadian :) do you live where its flooding right now? Ive been hearing about it on the news…so sad :( hope its not super bad where you live! And yea a few of my friends have done contiki and they rave about it…so i thought why not! I just went through the itinerary for our tour and it looks amazing, im getting so excited now :D

• 27 Jun 2013 Jess Smith said

Default_avatar

Hi Stephanie sorry its taken me a long time to reply…. its nice to meet you I’m also Jess :) Not long now till we leave :D
    I feel a little left out because I’m the only one from Australia haha Don’t worry this is our first time to Europe as well :)have you guys got flooding too? In New South Wales ( the state in Australia where I live) we have flooding all over the region and we had an evacuation warning. I hope you two are safe :) talk soon……also quick question how much spending money are you taking if you don’t mind me asking? :)

• 27 Jun 2013 JessicaV said

JessicaV

haha dont worry Jess! I’ve heard most of the people who do these tours are Australian…they just havent signed up yet =P And im sorry to hear its flooding over in Australia =( Hope you’re safe! As for money, I think I’m bring around 900 euros?… I havent really sat down and figured it out (I probably should do that soon lol) how about you?

• 27 Jun 2013 Stephanie said

Default_avatar

I’m just over an hour away from where all the flooding is. I’ve been worrying about the money a lot and a good price would probably be around 1500 euros at least. We have to buy our lunches, and souveneirs and shopping. Should definitely over budget for this trip just so you aren’t left stranded without any money.

• 7 Jul 2013 Tovah said

Tovah

Hey guys! Me and my boyfriend (my name is Tovah, his is Domingo) are going too! We’re sooooooo excited, first time to Europe :D

We look forward to meeting you all :D

• 7 Jul 2013 Tovah said

Tovah

We’re also fellow Canadians. We live in Winnipeg! I heard the way to go with money is to take out cash as you go….it sounds like others are bringing money along?

• 7 Jul 2013 Stephanie said

Default_avatar

Yeah, I’ve heard a few people say that it’s easier to take money out along the way. But then you also have a lot of bank fees, and you have to make sure your bank is aware you are leaving the country. If you want to use your card there, the best thing to do is to get a visa/debit card since Visa is accepted world wide anyways, that way less bank fees.

• 7 Jul 2013 Jess Smith said

Default_avatar

HI Tovah and Domingo nice to meet you :) Im taking a fair bit just incase something does go wrong. I’m taking a mixture of cash and multicash passports so hopefully they wont be to difficult to handle haha. Getting excited counting the days :D

• 9 Jul 2013 Tovah said

Tovah

I’m nervous about carrying such a significant amount of cash…just heard about a lot of people being robbed. What are ‘multicash passports’?

• 10 Jul 2013 Tovah said

Tovah

WOW! I did some research and the international withdrawal fees are astronomical, my idea of taking out money as we go is out of the question. Time to find plan B lol

• 12 Jul 2013 jessica c said

Default_avatar

hey guys =] i am seriously considering this tour but i am also going solo and im freaking out about that !!

• 13 Jul 2013 JessicaV said

JessicaV

Another Jessica! Are you Canadian too?? Well I think you should do this tour =) I can already tell we have an awesome group of people (nice to meet you Tovah and Domingo!) plus we visit the most exciting cities so COME JOIN! And don’t be scared to go alone, there’s a couple of us going solo too =)

As for money, I totally wasn’t budgeting my money correctly lol…. Going to need more than 900 euros! I’m talking to my bank (scotiabank) on Saturday to ask whats the best way to go about the money situation. I’ll also scan through the discussion board and see if anyone has posted a forum about the best way to carry money.

have any of you signed up for meetup yet??

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.