moulin rouge paris winter

23 Feb 2013 Alana asked

Default_avatar

Is this worth doing?
What would one wear to this in Winter?

• 24 Feb 2013 Uten said

Uten

definitely worth it.
    it’s very classy, so dress up. my friend and i went in winter (moulin rough event was on the 5th of feb) wasn’t that cold tbh. doesn’t matter, all the girls dressed up, heels and dresses. and you’re probably gonna go to a club/bar next door too so yeah. dress up. you can always wear a nice coat over your dress.
    all the boys wore nice shirts, some even wore suits and ties.
    but yeah, definitely dress up, and the show is amazing! cannot go to paris and not see moulin rouge. apart from the tits and the half naked women, the acts in between are amazing!!!

hope this helped.

• 24 Feb 2013 Alana said

Default_avatar

Thankyou Uten :) very helpful! I cannot wait.

• 24 Feb 2013 Alana said

Default_avatar

Thankyou :) really helpful! :)

• 24 Feb 2013 Uten said

Uten

oh you’re going on the same tour that i went on, european inspiration (winter), lol sorry for stalking. wanted to see what tour you were going on! you’re going to have the most awesomest time ever! :) it’s actually so fun. be prepared for the italian hotels though. they’re absolute crap :/ especially since the ones before italy are soo good! i know i know, hotels meh who cares. but it’s just something to watch out for.
    if there’s any questions you wanna ask about european inspiration (winter) just message me :) i went with a female friend too so i can hopefully answer SOME girly questions haha.

• 24 Feb 2013 Alana said

Default_avatar

How much spending money did you use for the trip? my main concern is that i wont have enough money! Aw cool so the hotels are pretty good quality other than that? I actually cannot wait, its so far away though! Im going by myself, was there many solo travellers on your trip?

• 24 Feb 2013 Uten said

Uten

depends how much of a party animal you are i guess? though drinks there are reasonably cheap. i rememeber shots were like 3euro each. regular drinks like 5 euro? same for soft drinks.
    me and my friend went out for the florence space disco and the clubbing after moulin rouge as well as another night out in prague. plenty others went on a whole bunch of pub-crawls during the tour (obviously they got sick quite quickly, 75% of our bus had the contiki cough)
    everyone recommends 100euro or 120aud per day. and that’s what i took with me. i ended up spending alot less than i thought.
    on bus days, where you’re just traveling to the next city, you spend max like 20euro on snacks/lunch during the bus ride, and if the dinner isn’t included (which is rare on the bus day) dinner costs like 20euros max, dpending what you want to eat.

sorry for the essay. all in all, depends
    a) how much you want to party though on this particular tour wasn;t as crazy as the summer ones are.
    b) how much shopping for yourself and friends and family you wanna do.
    c) if you budget it like 19 day tour = 100 × 19 days = 1900 euros. that’s more than enough :)

yeah, definitely. switzerland hotel is halfway up a mountain, literally!
    prague hotel was next to a reasonable sized shopping mall.
    munich one had a mini-gym and indoor pool (so bring your bathers)
    the others were all quite nice too, except for italy of course. can’t remember if it was rome or florence but the hotel actually looks like a prison (from the outside). beware of bedbugs in italy.

solo travellers, out of 50 people, probably 15 i think. can’t remember. but don’t worry you’ll make friends easily! :)

Again sorry about the essay :3

• 24 Feb 2013 Uten said

Uten

OH! BEWARE OF SWITZERLAND… everything is so bloody expensive, even in their currency (swiss francs).
    food especially!!
    PRAGUE on the other hand was quite cheap :)

• 25 Feb 2013 Jaimee said

Jaimee

Im gonna jump in on this:) Uten were there many couples on your tour?? Im going with my partner. We are definitely keen to meet everyone and we aren’t the kind of people to just want to distance ourselves and do our own thing. But it would be kinda weird to be the only couple haha:P

• 25 Feb 2013 Jaimee said

Jaimee

Arent the kind of people***

• 25 Feb 2013 Uten said

Uten

hey jaimee. there were probably about 5-6 couples on the tour. as well as those who went as duos just as friends.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.