Community_discussions_small  

Question

Vietnam Experience 23rd March?

23 Feb 2013 Kimmy5982 asked

Kimmy5982

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has booked on this tour?

• 24 Feb 2013 Tim said

Default_avatar

Hey :)
    Yea I cant wait for this tour. Have you booked? If so, join MeetUps and you can chat to the 14 odd people who have already logged in to Meetups for the Vietnam Experience on the 23rd.

• 24 Feb 2013 Mike said

Mike

Hi, Yep I’m on the Vietnam Experience on 23rd March too :)
    Looking at the MeetUps for this tour, they’ve also joined a couple of other tours into the same MeetUps group, and I couldn’t see anyone else that was specifically going on the Vietnam Experience, until I found you guys on here!

When are you arriving in HCMC for the tour? I arrive there from the UK on 20th, and have a couple of days of free time to do my own thing in the city before the tour begins. It would be good to maybe meet up with others who are going on the tour before it actually starts…

• 24 Feb 2013 Kimmy5982 said

Kimmy5982

Hi Guys,
    No I haven’t booked this yet but am strongly considering it. I would be travelling solo and the plan would be to fly in just before the tour and then home at the end of the tour. I’d definitely be keen to catch up before the tour if I end up booking.
    Are you guys travelling on your own?

• 24 Feb 2013 Mike said

Mike

I’ve already booked, and I’m also travelling on my own for the first time – little nervous but very excited! haha. Just looking at VISA requirements as we speak to sort all the boring stuff out whilst there’s still enough time to not need to rush.

I was initially going to do exactly the same and arrive just before the tour and leave just after it ends, but I’ve decided to be brave and arrive a few days before so I can explore and go see the sites in HCMC that aren’t included on the tour. I’m looking to visit the Bitexco Financial Tower and go on a half-day cooking class (I’ll also go on the one included in the tour – I’m a bit of a foodie and love Vietnamese food!)

The tour finishes in Hanoi on the morning of 3rd April, and I’ve booked an internal flight from Hanoi back to HCMC that afternoon, and I’ll stay there overnight (might even be cheeky and splash out on a really fancy hotel for my last night in VN), have most of the day free on the 4th, and finally catch my flight home at night on the 4th.

Where about’s are you guys?

Can’t wait!!! lol :D

• 25 Feb 2013 Tim said

Default_avatar

Hi Kimmy and Mike,
    I’ve already booked and am travelling solo again…. It has its advantages! Flying in to HCMC via KL from Queensland, on the morning of the 21st. Having an extra night in Hanoi and then to SIngapore for a few nights.

Book it, haha you know you want to!!! Would definately be keen for one or many drinks before the tour…

• 2 Mar 2013 Kimmy5982 said

Kimmy5982

Hi Guys,
    Just wanted to let you know that I have put a request through this morning to book this tour. As it is so close, the tour is now on a request basis which means they need to double check they can get the accom. etc for me before they can tell me for sure that I can do it. Haha nothing like some last minute planning ;-)
    Once I know for sure, i’ll get on to rushing my visa through :-)

• 2 Mar 2013 Tim said

Default_avatar

Sweet, another person on our tour!! Well, you could always do Visa On Arrival, its cheaper too! Anyway, enjoy the travel planning :) If you need any help or want to catch up before the tour starts let me know!

• 4 Mar 2013 Stampy said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone,
    I’m booked on this tour as well and can’t wait! Not long to go now. I arrive at HCMC the day before the tour starts and then leaving Hanoi the day after.

• 5 Mar 2013 Kimmy5982 said

Kimmy5982

Hi Guys,
    I’m locked in :-)! I just found out this afternoon that there’s a spot for me WOO HOO!!!
    I will be flying in 22/3 and will leave the day the tour ends.
    Do any of you have Facebook?… I’m sure being a last minute booker that i’m going to have some questions hehe

• 5 Mar 2013 Kimmy5982 said

Kimmy5982

Hey Guys,
    I’ve set up a FB group for our tour, so feel free to join. Just search Contiki Vietnam Experience 23rd March 2013… also feel free to pass it on to anyone else you have been talking to from the tour. I can’t get in to meet ups yet as I don’t have my Contiki booking details yet.
    Cheers,
    Kim

• 7 Mar 2013 Kimmy5982 said

Kimmy5982

Here’s the link to the FB page guys, come and join :-)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/336919793096076/?fref=ts

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion