Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best way from airport to hotel

24 Feb 2013 Shayna asked

Shayna

Hi all! I'm booked on Asian Adventure May 5-18th. So excited! I was reading somewhere on Contiki about an Airport Express Bus, but on the BKK website it looks like that's no longer in service. Does anyone have an idea of the transportation in Bangkok? I'm arriving pretty late and don't want to miss a minute more than I have to...

Thanks!

• 11 Mar 2013 kelso88 said

kelso88

Hi Shayna. I’m booked from April 28-May 11th and my friend and I are going to use the service provided by the hotel. It doesn’t cost that much extra and after such a long flight we figure the last thing we want to do is barder with taxis. We’re there for 4 extra nights before our tour starts so if you go on the site (Viengtai hotel I think its called.. double check that..) you can book the extra night if need be or book the limo service through them.! Hope that helps

• 12 Mar 2013 Haylie said

Haylie

If all else fails just get a taxi. They’re so cheap. Don’t bother bartering a cheaper price, make sure you say ‘meter’ and they put it on. Its the best way. And pay the extra tolls to go on the express way. All up it should only cost about 250-300baht to get to Khao San.

• 12 Mar 2013 Shayna said

Shayna

Thanks for the replies! I can’t wait for this trip…is is May yet?

• 18 Mar 2013 Franz said

Default_avatar

Go through a company that deals with Thailand Travel and just arrange your transfer there.It’s not Singapore where you can get a Taxi into town no need to negotiate and no more than 20 dollars 25 tops at most.

• 19 Mar 2013 Richard said

Richard

Taxis in Thailand are fairly cheap im comparison to say Australia. So unless things have changed that significantly since I was last there a few years ago, then you shouldnt fret!

:) Focus on the awesome trip ahead!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.