Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Southern Ireland vs Great Britian & Ireland Tour

5 Mar 2008 Carybear21 said

Default_avatar
Hi.

I'm signed up for the Southern Ireland trip from June 27-July 5, but I've noticed there seem to be many more people signed up for the Britian & Ireland tour.

Does anyone know if the Ireland-only people are on their own tour, or if we join the Britain people when they get to Ireland?

Also, if the Ireland-only people do join up with the group, has anyone who's been on this tour noticed anything about the cohesiveness of the group?

Everyone on Contiki seems to be really friendly, but I'm curious if friendships and groups are formed beforehand and how the "newcomers" fit in.

I'd love to hear about anyone's experiences with either of these tours. Thanks!
  • 5 Mar 2008 Cornish Pasty said

Cornish Pasty

Hey i went on the UK tour but got off b4 it hit ireland..the rest of our Uk tour peeps went onto Ireland and joined with the new peeps..i dont know about the cohesivness factor between the Uk group and Ireland group but it shud be good..we had some mates continue onto Ireland and they had fun!!! Have you gone to the UK…i highly recommend the tour for it..i had a blast!!!!

• 5 Mar 2008 Carybear21 said

Default_avatar

Hey, Cornish Pasty. Thanks for the reply! I’ve actually studied abroad in London, so I didn’t really think the London portion was necessary, and I can’t get that many days off work anyway. Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> Although, I do love London and wish I could go back.

I’m just a little nervous because this is my first Contiki, and I’m traveling alone. I’m sure it will work out okay, but I’m afraid of meeting up with the group and everyone already having their travel buddies…

• 8 Mar 2008 Cornish Pasty said

Cornish Pasty

it shud be good…a whole lot of us got off at the Britain part and like 10 went on to the Ireland part then they met up with with 13 others….everything will be okay!! have fun

• 11 Mar 2008 FH343 said

Default_avatar

Hey Carybear, my friend and I will be on the same trip with you to Southern Ireland (June 27-July 5)! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> It’s our first Contiki too!

We’re actually going to Scotland beforehand on our own (not with Contiki) and then taking a flight over to Dublin to meet up with our tour. So we’ll be in the same boat with not know the UK folks.

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else!

• 12 Mar 2008 Carybear21 said

Default_avatar

Yay! I can’t wait to meet you. You’ll have to let me know how you like Scotland. I have 5 days to travel by myself after our tour, and I’m thinking about stopping in Scotland.

Only about 3 more months!!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 May 2008 Rob S. said

Default_avatar

Do this tour. You will have a blast
    Enjoy

• 11 May 2011 Char said

Char

Ya gotta do the whole tour if you can Scotland was one of the best parts of the tour. I went last summer and absolutely loved it. It’s really a constant changing tour dynamic with people starting and stopping their tour. Fantastic tour! Let me know there’s any info I can provide!

Video from my Trip
    http://vimeo.com/18376982

• 12 May 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

I did just the England and Scotland tour last year, I think about 10-15 of us only did that tour, and another 8 or so got on for Ireland. There were also 4 people who did Scotland or Scotland and Ireland. The groups typically mesh well. You might find the occasional person or two who might not want to be bothered with getting to know new people, but they’re the exception. My suggestion is to make sure you hang out with the group the first night or two so you get to know some people quickly.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.