Community_discussions_small  

Question

Egypt and the Nile 13th April 2013

25 Feb 2013 anita asked

anita

Hi, I'm thinking of going on the Egypt and Nile tour on April 13th - anyone going on this? Or would anyone who has already been recommend it? I've not travelled with Contiki before so any advice would be welcome! Thanks

• 26 Feb 2013 coffeeloverholla said

coffeeloverholla

Hi! I’ve booked and fully paid for my 1st ever Contiki Egypt and Nile tour for April 20th. Will be wonderful if you can join this departure date. I’ll be traveling solo-dolo :D Will be flying in 2 days early, all the way from Singapore!

• 26 Feb 2013 anita said

anita

Thats a shame – I can’t do the 20th departure as I have to work that week! Think I’m almost certainly going on the 13th. Looks as if we get back to the hotel on the 19th and stay overnight before leaving on the 20th, so maybe catch you in Cairo before I leave!

• 26 Feb 2013 coffeeloverholla said

coffeeloverholla

Am sure we gonna have a great time! I have spoken to Contiki’s representative in the latest travel fair here in Singapore, I sorta had their words of reassurance that the places we going to be visiting is not going to be affected by the protest/ strike. Things have been blown up by proportion by the media, guess they just need something to write about…. to fill media space, oh well.
    Sure thing! love to catch you before your flight, will you be traveling with your phone or have some sort of contact? Keep my email with you. sissylau@ymail.com

• 26 Feb 2013 anita said

anita

Thanks I will email you so you have mine too! I will be taking my phone but need to check my international roaming etc. Apparently the hotel doesn’t have wifi but I guess there will be somewhere around that does. I don’t think the protests etc will be a problem, think the main advice is to stay out of large crowds and stay in the hotel if there are any problems! :-)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion