Community_discussions_small  

Question

Amsterdam to Barcelona May 2nd! Anyone going?

25 Feb 2013 Amie asked

Default_avatar

In the process of planning/booking this tour! Going solo, anyone else going?

• 25 Feb 2013 AnnieV said

AnnieV

My cousin and I will be doing the May 2nd departure for the Amsterdam to Barcelona tour! You should totally book

• 25 Feb 2013 Amie said

Default_avatar

I will be!! I’m just waiting on the travel agent to figure out my flights so it can be booked altogether :)

• 25 Feb 2013 AnnieV said

AnnieV

Got it! We will be traveling from LAX and spending an additional day in Spain, we are going to fly to Madrid cuz we are soo close might as well make it worth our while. Flight was like $80 from Barcelona to Madrid

• 26 Feb 2013 AndrewStalker said

AndrewStalker

I am traveling solo on the Amsterdam to Barcelona trip. Kinda nervous but super excited too. Did a contiki last year with a friend and had the most amazing time!!

• 26 Feb 2013 Amie said

Default_avatar

Awesome! This is my first contiki and solo. Kind of last minute decision!! In the process of finding a flight now. Flying from Ottawa,Canada!

• 26 Feb 2013 Amie said

Default_avatar

Booked!! :) I’m excited, but the nerves have kicked in a bit now that it’s official!

• 27 Feb 2013 Christina said

Default_avatar

I’m doing the May 2nd tour. Did Simply Italy in August…LOVED IT!

• 27 Feb 2013 AnnieV said

AnnieV

We are all going to have a blast! Almost 2 months away, cant wait!

• 27 Feb 2013 Katie said

Katie

I too am staying in Spain afterwards but will be hanging out in Barcelona for an extra 24 hours. Going solo as well and could not be anymore excited.

• 27 Feb 2013 AnnieV said

AnnieV

I will be staying in Barcelona for the morning till mid afternoon then leaving out to Madrid :)

• 27 Feb 2013 Amie said

Default_avatar

Aw now I wish I tried to stay! The only reasonably priced flight out of Barcelona the last day back to Ottawa was early morning. I get into Amsterdam early though 8:40 am or so!

• 28 Feb 2013 Jen1226 said

Jen1226

Thinking about booking this trip too, may do an extra day before and after as well

• 28 Feb 2013 VAngus19 said

VAngus19

In the process of booking! I’m going solo too.
    Amie- I’m heading from Ottawa too! What flights did you end up getting??

• 28 Feb 2013 Amie said

Default_avatar

I booked US Airways! Connection through philadephia both ways. Arrive in Amsterdam 8:40 am on may 3 and leave Barcelona at 1045 am may 13! You should try and get the same one. :)

• 28 Feb 2013 VAngus19 said

VAngus19

Thats the one we were looking at. I’m actually a placement student at Marlin Travel in barrhaven so we’re looking all the info up right now! Looking good…!

• 28 Feb 2013 Amie said

Default_avatar

Ahh cool! Ya you should book that one:)! Would be awesome to have a travel buddy!

• 28 Feb 2013 AnnieV said

AnnieV

I arrive to Amsterdan at 9:05 AM, so looks like we all be coming in around the same time. Planning to go to hotel and drop of luggage and do a few tours before we meet up that night :) Excited seem like a lot of you are going on the 2nd, was worried it was too early in the season and that it wouldn’t be a big group

• 28 Feb 2013 AnnieV said

AnnieV

Anyone download the Shout app? not sure if its better then this forum?

• 28 Feb 2013 Judson said

Default_avatar

My wife and I are going on this trip. We did the simply Italy tour last summer so this will be our second trip with Contiki. The Italian our was amazing and we are really looking forward to doing another.

• 21 Apr 2013 Kevin said

Kevin

Hey everyone!

I booked the May 2 Amsterdam to Barcelona trip as well. I’m looking forward to my second time partying throughout Europe with Contiki!

I’m landing around 10:30AM and then planning to head into the city until we meet up at the hotel at 6PM. I hit Amsterdam last year before my first Contiki tour, and had a blast.

Less than a couple weeks away… can’t wait to meet everyone and get this party started!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.