Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Egypt and the Nile - July 10-17

9 Apr 2010 kvs said

Default_avatar
Hi folks,
Just wondering if anyone else is planning on doing 'Egypt and the Nile' on July 10? I'm having trouble believing that in 3 months I'll be in EGYPT - not sure how I'll last! Love to hear from anyone else doing this tour.
  • 8 Apr 2011 Lauz1126 said

Lauz1126

I’m on the tour the week before…leaving July 2! :) I’m the same…cannot believe I’m going to egypt! :)

• 10 Apr 2011 Nicki S said

Nicki S

Me and my husband are signed up and ready to go July 9, can’t wait! Booked back in January, a week before the protests and have been anxiously waiting that this will still happen. :)

• 10 Apr 2011 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

Well Nicki I am not sure where you come from but it’s not too late to change your mind and still keep your Contiki Vacation Have you considered Vietnam or China as Alternatives or maybe England and Scotland under the circumstances.I went through the same problems as you having booked for this June for Egypt but with Insight but as a result of the protests and fighting that is going on in that part of the world had to cancel and change my booking for a Britain Tour.I was all set to do but my family advised against it.

• 10 Apr 2011 Nicki S said

Nicki S

No changing my mind here, I have dreamt of seeing Egypt since I was 12! I just hope things continue to stay calm and my trip can continue as planned. Sorry you are not going, but I am certain you will have a fantastic time in Britain. I have read many travel forums and everyone is talking about how wonderful it is in Egypt right now and safe. I feel confident in Contki knowing when it is safe to continue tours and when to not go. The most important thing is each person makes the decision that is best for them and their comfort. Why go on vacation and spend the time worried? Have a great time and hopefully you will get to Egypt so e other time :)

• 8 May 2011 beebee said

Default_avatar

Hey, I will be departing the week after :) Can’t wait!

• 8 May 2011 Elena said

Elena

Hey everyone! :) It is so awesome that you’ll be seeing Egypt! Myself, I can only possibly go the year after or in 2012… But, I’m going to Italy this year, so it’ll help me wait. Back on topic though, I wanted to ask if you could all write a little about the trip when you’ll get back? It’d be nice to have some more recent reviews and tips, especially for the summer time! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion