Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Imperial/ National Hotel

22 Mar 2007 ~*Alex*~ said

Default_avatar
I'm looking at staying somewhere near to Contiki Basement the night before the tour leaves.

Does Contiki offer any discounted rates for certain hotels?

Where do most people stay? I'll be with a family friend a few days before the tour leaves, but i'd prefer to stay close to the basement on the night before...

Thanks Smiler
  • 22 Mar 2007 Miles13 said

Default_avatar

I’m staying at the Royal National the night before the tour. I think i got a discount when i booked the tour. (i booked the accomodation and tour at the same time). Ask your travel agent for discounts

• 22 Mar 2007 ~*Alex*~ said

Default_avatar

Thanks Miles, i’ll check it out with TA.

If you don’t mind me asking, how much are you paying per night?

Thanks Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Default_avatar

Is there a website for National Hotel? I can only find general sites for all london hotels…

Default_avatar

Thats fine, i think it was about $90 Australian. there is a site, but i dont remember. its in the Contiki Book tho. We chose the Royal National because it was cheaper and the basement is at that hotel.

Default_avatar

That’s ok, i’ll check out the contiki book tonight. Or i might just get my travel agent to do it for me Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Just hope it’s not already book out :S

Default_avatar

I’m sure you will be fine booking a room. I’m doing the Euopean Discovery tour which leaves london on the 7th April. Only 13 more sleeps to go for me!!!!! Cant wait.

Default_avatar
    http://london.gtahotels.com/hotels/royal_national_hotel…mjiosCFSA9YAodSzzqFA

I just googled the Royal National and that was one of the sites.

Default_avatar

cheers Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> fingers crossed there’s a room!!!

• 23 Mar 2007 Chris_V said

Chris_V

I paid $75 night for the Royal national hotel

• 24 Mar 2007 ~*Alex*~ said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the replies Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’ve already booked and paid in full for my tour- does that mean i can’t get that cheap rate for a night at the National? Did it have to be booked/ paid for at the same time as the tour? Can i still get the cheap rate (assuming there’s availability)?

Thanks for your help Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Mar 2007 Ashley-L said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Alex:
    Thanks for the replies Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’ve already booked and paid in full for my tour- does that mean i can’t get that cheap rate for a night at the National? Did it have to be booked/ paid for at the same time as the tour? Can i still get the cheap rate (assuming there’s availability)?

Thanks for your help Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’m in the same situation as you. I sent my travel agent an email about booking a night at the Royal National and I’m just waiting to hear from him regarding the price. I certainly hope that i get a discount!

• 24 Mar 2007 Rob S. said

Default_avatar

Ashley-L, I booked 3 extra nights at the National at the end of my GBSI tour in Sept. I got a double share for $85/night. Hope this helps. R.S.

• 24 Mar 2007 Ashley-L said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rob S.:
    Ashley-L, I booked 3 extra nights at the National at the end of my GBSI tour in Sept. I got a double share for $85/night. Hope this helps. R.S.

The thing is that i’m going to be by myself, so i’ll be getting a single share which will probably be more expensive

• 24 Mar 2007 Smylie said

Default_avatar

you can get a double with a random roomate.

Anyway, does anyone know how far this is from Gatwick airport?

• 24 Mar 2007 kiwijuls said

Default_avatar

hi Ashley-L
    im bboked into the royal national hotel 2 nights before i leave for my contiki on the !st of may and one night after. im traveling on my own and am ina triple share room. check it out with your travel agent im sure it’s cheaper for a triple share or even a twin share.

• 24 Mar 2007 ~*Alex*~ said

Default_avatar

Hi Ashley, yeah i’m going to be by myself too. My travel agent’s not back until thurs so i can’t ask til then!!!

KiwiJuls, how’d you get a triple share if it’s just you? Are you sharing with random people or by yourself?

• 25 Mar 2007 Rob S. said

Default_avatar

You are able to book a double share even though you are by yourself. Contiki will hook you up with someone of the same sex. Yes, a single will be more money. How much, I am not sure.

• 25 Mar 2007 kiwijuls said

Default_avatar

hi alex
    i think i am sharing with random people, my travel agent hooked it all up for me.

• 25 Mar 2007 Ashley-L said

Default_avatar

Who are these people that they are hooking you up with though? Other contiki travellers? I’m kind of iffy about sharing a room with a random person for just one night because I don’t think i would be too comfortable about leaving my stuff in there with them.

That said, i will however be sharing a room with someone on my tour. The plus side is that at least i’ll be seeing them everyday and going to pretty much the same places, so that gives me some piece of mind.

What can i say, i’m somewhat paranoid Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 26 Mar 2007 *B* said

Default_avatar

The Royal National Hotel only offers Twin or Triple Share You have to book at the Imperial Hotel for single share it’s about $30 more per night. I think the Imperial is on the next block.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion