Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Imperial/ National Hotel

22 Mar 2007 ~*Alex*~ said

Default_avatar
I'm looking at staying somewhere near to Contiki Basement the night before the tour leaves.

Does Contiki offer any discounted rates for certain hotels?

Where do most people stay? I'll be with a family friend a few days before the tour leaves, but i'd prefer to stay close to the basement on the night before...

Thanks Smiler
  • 27 Mar 2007 Ashley-L said

Default_avatar

I ended up booking a twin share room and it cost me $100 CAD

• 28 Mar 2007 ~*Alex*~ said

Default_avatar

Ok, i just booked my pre-tour stay at the Royal National. Not sure on costs yet, but i’ll let you know when i know.

It doesn’t matter if you book your room seperate from your tour. I booked/ paid for my tour in january. My travel agent is organising it through Contiki, so i’ll still get the cheaper rates, and will be sharing with other random contiki-ers.

Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 2 Apr 2007 mrstrong said

Default_avatar

We’ve been quoted $75/night per person for twinshare, so $150 a night for 2 people. Does that sound right? I thought most places would have just charged for the room?

• 2 Apr 2007 ~*Alex*~ said

Default_avatar

yeah, you would think places would just charge for a room!! I’m paying $75/night for the triple share…

• 2 Apr 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

From what I understand they don’t charge for the room so that they can group you together with ‘strangers’ like on Contiki.

• 2 Apr 2007 ~*Alex*~ said

Default_avatar

yeah, that’s why i’m booked in the night before the tour goes. I have family in London, but i thought it would be so much less rush if i stayed next to the basement. That way i don’t have to worry about catching trains or running late!!!

• 8 Apr 2007 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

has anyone used the laundry facilities at the royal national?

i will be staying there for a week before my tour and would like to so some washing before my tour starts…has anyone used these? remember what the cost was? or would it be better to find a laundromat type place around?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.