Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Carrying Money In Europe

24 Sep 2010 Explorer~1987 said

Explorer~1987
I'm doing a contiki tour in 2011. What's the best way to carry Money. I don't really want to wear a money belt. Would a normal handbag be OK or a back pack?
  • 24 Sep 2010 Explorer1197020 said

Default_avatar

i think if you want your money to be safe you have to wear it on your body!! put your days allocation in your handbag/backpack. handbag is probs better than a backpack as it can easily get stolen out of your backpack cause you cant see or feel it but if you have your arm over your handbag its probably safer. other option is leave it in your suitcase but then if your not around you dont know whats going to happen to it.

• 25 Sep 2010 _*michelle*_ said

Default_avatar

hey Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I think what it boils down to is common sense. I just came off a Contiki tour and I didnt use a money belt or anything and neither did my friends as I found it to be (after practising with it one day at home!) to be more of a hindrance. Generally, I would withdraw enough money to cover all my expenses before we reached each destination (generally at a services/rest stop on on bus days). Then I would take however much I needed in my wallet for each day, and leave the rest locked up in my suitcase. It pretty much comes down to being sensible and aware of your surroundings. I would always make sure that my handbag was close to my body, securely fastened, and that I was on the lookout for anything suspicious and I never had any problems, nor did anyone on my tour. And I remember going to one place where out tm told us it was particulalry dodgy, so I ended up stashing a whole heap of cash down my bra while we were there. I think that as a tourist, your always at risk buuuut its just a matter of yeah, being sensible and aware.
    good luck! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion