Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Egypt & Nile December 31st 2010 to January 8th 2011 - Confirmed Departure

8 Sep 2010 Explorer1207688 said

Default_avatar
Hey Everyone,

Creating a new post as the other posts had some confusion.

Lets use this post going forward and find our group!

My name is Reza
  • 8 Sep 2010 Kris26 said

Default_avatar

I’m Kristina, I’m a musician from New York, and I can’t wait to go!

• 9 Sep 2010 Explorer1207688 said

Default_avatar

Awesome! I live in connecticut and go into NYC all the time for salsa and stuff. Lets see who else is in the area…. maybe we can all do a quick meetup beforehand.

• 9 Sep 2010 Kris26 said

Default_avatar

Salsa like the food or dancing?

• 10 Sep 2010 Explorer1207688 said

Default_avatar

haha, that would be some incredible dip. I mean Dancing. We can totally be a song and dance act and charge contiki for our services Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 10 Sep 2010 Kris26 said

Default_avatar

Seriously?!?!?! Where? I studied latin ballroom for a few years during my undergrad and my teacher kept trying to get me to go into the city. Do you go with anyone or by yourself?

I hope the rest of our group join us soon or our conversation might scare them away…

• 11 Sep 2010 Explorer1207688 said

Default_avatar

haha, yes.. we are just so intimidating Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> .. high five on the latin ballroom!
    Actually we’re planning to go to Gonzalez y Gonzalez near soho later on.
    They have a live cuban band. I ‘ll let you know when we go.

By the way, I got contiki to email me a pdf of the room & board details:

Cairo Hotels: Victoria
    Overnight Train: They didn’t say, but in another post someone said it’s 5 stars.
    Nile Cruise: Spring Tours – MS Carmen or MS Norma

• 12 Sep 2010 Kris26 said

Default_avatar

Yeah I believe every bit but the train part. I’ve been on them before. They always make for good stories. Unless your my friends who got robbed on one… then its not a good story.

• 12 Sep 2010 Kris26 said

Default_avatar

Oh, and by the way… I realized two days ago that we really were posting on last years tour, it wasn’t a mix up of dates. Hopefully no one will notice…

• 13 Sep 2010 Explorer1207688 said

Default_avatar

wow.. no worries, no robbers are coming near us and our group, I’ll make sure of that! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> .. Yeah, I think we are just super excited and posting all extra early lol.. can’t wait!

• 18 Sep 2010 Kris26 said

Default_avatar

I want to try and get into the city to see the King Tut exhibit before we leave because it leaves the city the day we leave Cairo. Interested at all?

• 19 Sep 2010 Explorer1207688 said

Default_avatar

Hey Kristina! awesome idea. email me at mrksyrconn@yahoo and we can work it out. I have a crazy few weeks unfortunately, so mid October or later would work best.

• 22 Sep 2010 Explorer1204960 said

Default_avatar

Hi Everybody! My name is Tania from Puerto Rico and I’m on the Dec 31 tour.

• 23 Sep 2010 Kris26 said

Default_avatar

Hey Tania! What do you do?

• 27 Sep 2010 Explorer1207688 said

Default_avatar

wooo hooo.. we found another!.. I love Puerto Rico Tania. Culebra beach is like my favorite beach! Is “senior frogs” still there in old San Juan? My Name is Reza.

• 27 Sep 2010 Danielkln said

Default_avatar

Hey I’m Dan. I’m a college student from the Tampa Bay area and I will be joining you for the dec 31 tour.

• 27 Sep 2010 Explorer1207688 said

Default_avatar

Hey Dan.. Whats up!.. Will see you in Egypt.

• 28 Sep 2010 Kris26 said

Default_avatar

Woohoo!!! We’re growing in numbers! and we’re on page two of this chat!

Dan or Tania, are either of you flying in a day early for new years?

• 3 Oct 2010 Kris26 said

Default_avatar

alright New York has been rainy and cold and miserable the last few days. I cannot wait to go, something like 88 days left lol not like I’m counting or anything.

• 7 Oct 2010 Explorer1204960 said

Default_avatar

Hi Kris, Reza and Dan! I am lawyer here in Puerto Rico. yes senor frog is still there. I am glad you had a good time in Puerto Rico Reza, I love Culebra too!! I am arriving at Cairo December 31 around 4PM and staying that night at the same hotel.
    Well we are almost 2 months away to start our trip. Hope to meet you soon!!

• 10 Oct 2010 Kris26 said

Default_avatar

My best friend Denise just joined our tour!She should be on here soon.

Tania- Denise and I are arriving at about 2:20 in Cairo on the 31st and they put us up in the hotel as well. Dinner together for New Years?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.