Community_discussions_small  

Question

Budget???

1 Mar 2013 Mike asked

Mike

I will be going on Contiki for the first time on July 31st 2013 when i go on the European Escapade and was wondering how much money I would need to budget for the trip having already taken into account the cost of the Me time optionals. I already have the money that I would need for the optionals and was wondering how much more I would need to budget for the rest of the trip. Could someone who has been on this trip or other Contiki tours before please help me.

Another question which is part of this discussion is what would be the safest way to carry around all of my money for the tour without me having to pay hefty bank charges? any advice on these two matters would be extremely helpful and i would be extremely grateful.

• 1 Mar 2013 AndrewBeer said

AndrewBeer

it really depends on your spending habits. With contiki most breakfasts and dinners are included so u will need to factor in lunch and the occasional dinner, but ideally if you budget between 75-120 euro a day you will have more then enough to enjoy the sights of Europe. Last time i went i budgeted for 100 euro a day and because it was more then enough it allowed me to get a posh apartment for a week in Kensington before i flew back home. Theres nothing bad with having extra money but theres nothing worse then having not enough.

Cash passports are pretty handy to have but withdrawing money sees a 2 pound fee or what ever they charge now, they are available in a few currencies, or you can just take your everyday debit card with you and use ATMS that are partnered with your bank (e.g. Westpac is partnered with Barclays and Deutsche Bank) so you avoid withdrawel fees but still get charged coversion fees

• 2 Mar 2013 Mike said

Mike

Thanks Andrew, I will keep that in mind when I do my final budget in a couple of months. Your advice has been extremely helpful and will be taken into account. Thank you.

• 4 Jun 2013 Explorer2445472 said

Default_avatar

This is going to help me too, thanks!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion