Community_discussions_small  

Question

Eastern Escapade - July 5th - 17th, 2013

2 Mar 2013 elyseway54 asked

elyseway54

Hey, my friend Rosie and I have booked this trip, so excited! Who else is going?

-Elyse

• 24 Mar 2013 hrappell said

hrappell

I’ll be in San Fran afterwards too! (after I stay in New york for a couple of nights) Everyone tells me their favourite city is San Francisco so looking forward to it!

• 24 Mar 2013 Bec said

Default_avatar

What is everyone doing for 4th of July? Apparently there are fireworks over the Hudson River.

• 24 Mar 2013 Dion said

Dion

Love San Francisco! Have family there. As tour begins early on July 5th, I think it may be good to stay close to starting point. Where will that be?? Should good atmosphere and events on 4th July

• 2 Apr 2013 Kathleen said

Default_avatar

From reading other forum posts, I think the starting hotel is the Marriot Courtyard Hotel.

• 5 Apr 2013 Bec said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone. I was looking at things to do in NYC and apparently there is a baseball game on the 3rd and 4th of July If anyone else is keen. I feel like its something that you should do with other people. Tickets start from like $20 and go up from there. I was trying to find a basketball game but I couldnt find one.

• 7 Apr 2013 elyseway54 said

elyseway54

Ohhh i’m a huge baseball fan and will definitely be spending a bit of time at yankee stadium :) getting more and more excited!

• 7 Apr 2013 Kathleen said

Default_avatar

I could only find NY METS games for the time we will be staying there. I also couldn’t buy tickets from the official site because I didn’t have an American card :( Will just try to get tickets for after the tour when we are there!

Has anyone researched which sim card to buy and use while we are over there?

• 7 Apr 2013 RosieP said

Default_avatar

Last year I bought tickets the night before on some website for $15, there were a few website. No need for the official and the Yankees were playing pretty often so we’d definitely get something! I’m gonna get a sim at AT&T when I’m there coz my phones unlocked, seemed to be the cheapest way :s getting excited!

• 7 Apr 2013 hrappell said

hrappell

Yeah I was thinking about getting a SIM card… Putting it in an iPhone though would be a nightmare though wouldn’t it?

• 7 Apr 2013 RosieP said

Default_avatar

If your phone is unlocked it shouldn’t be a problem, they’d just give you a prepaid one i assume. Someone i know did that :)

• 7 Apr 2013 Kathleen said

Default_avatar

@RosieP, sorry I meant that there are no Yankee games during the time I am there. They have away games for my free dates. Sucks, but oh well! I’ll have a look at the AT&T prepaid options, thanks!

• 7 Apr 2013 RosieP said

Default_avatar

Oh shame :( any baseball game would be worth it though!

• 7 Apr 2013 Bec said

Default_avatar

Im not really worried what game I see or what team I see. Its more for the atmosphere and to say I have been. There was a 3 day one for the 3 days before our tour leaves I think. I really wanted to see a basketball game but I couldnt find any. There season must already finish by then.

• 12 Apr 2013 Hollie said

Hollie

I just booked in for this trip. Can’t wait! :)

• 28 Apr 2013 RosieP said

Default_avatar

Hi guys, Elyse and I are at uni being super productive and we decided to create a group. We have found previous Facebook groups really great in getting to know people before we started when we went on Contikis in the past. Feel free to join it and add anyone! It’s called Contiki Eastern Escapade (5th July 2013)

• 28 Apr 2013 Hollie said

Hollie

Great idea! I can’t find it though D: Could you post a link? :)

• 28 Apr 2013 RosieP said

Default_avatar

sorry! https://www.facebook.com/groups/534801829892583/ Hope that works!

• 28 Apr 2013 Hollie said

Hollie

Thank you :)

• 18 Jun 2013 Sarah said

Sarah

Hi all,
    I am also on this trip. I’m from Geelong, Australia and I am so looking forward to an American summer!

• 3 Jul 2013 garethlloyd said

garethlloyd

Hey Guys, Also doing it solo. Ive been in LA since June 30. I head to NYC on July 3. After the tour i have 4 nights in NYC then head to Miami. See you all soon.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion