Community_discussions_small  

Question

How many days in LA/NY?

20 Apr 2009 purplekombi asked

Default_avatar
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at doing the Grand Southern (LA to NY)and am trying to figure out how many days to stay in LA and NY on either end. I'll definately want more time in NY but not sure of how much time i'd need to see most of the typical sights.

So, if anyone who has already been could tell me how many days they would recommend in LA and NY?

Tks in advance,
purplekombi
  • 21 Apr 2009 Cassie said

Default_avatar

im doing the north by north east in sept and im staying 3 nights in New York (only due to the cost) and ive got 5 nights in LA which ive been told is plenty.

• 21 Apr 2009 bengal_77 said

Default_avatar

I’m spending 2 nights in Anaheim at the end of my tour and 2 nights in West Hollywood.

At the beginning 2 nights in NY then doing NY Explorer tour before Grand Northern starts

• 21 Apr 2009 Pervy said

Pervy

When I did the Grand Northern I spent 5 days in New York and could have spent much longer. I then spent 3 days in LA, 2 of which were spent at Disneyland and then the other on I went down to San Diego. I had been to LA before and spent 4 days, which is the same amount of time i’ll be spending there before I start the Grand Southern.

• 21 Apr 2009 Corinne said

Corinne

I went to NY a few years ago for a week and i could still find a million other things to do there. I guess it just depends on your budget and how much time you can take off. I guess write a list of the places you really can’t miss while your in NY and then see from there?!
    I’m doing the Wild Western in August, and im staying 3 extra nights before and 2 nights after, which really only gives me 3 full days, so i’m heading to Universal, Newport/Laguna and Disney, would love to spend load more time, but can’t fit it in. I’m just working on the theory that its just a taster, and if i really like a certain place then i can go back.

• 22 Apr 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

Think about what types of things you want to do in those cities. If you’re a museum person then you’ll want to spend more time in NYC. LA, do you want to go to the parks, you could easily spend 2 days doing that. At least a day to see Hollywood, and then either or both Santa Monica or Venice Beach. Do you want to go to WB Studios. It depends on what types of things you want to do, you could spend a week in each place and not have trouble finding things to do.

• 14 Jul 2009 miss_kayti said

miss_kayti

I spent 5 days in NY before a tour, and it wasn’t nearly enough time. I would allow a week at least. With LA, you don’t need as long. You need 2 days for Disneyland/California Adventures, 1 day for Universal Studios, and another day for the city (e.g. Kodak Theatre, Chinese Graumann’s Theatre, etc).

• 28 Jul 2009 PinaI said

PinaI

I did five days in LA and that was more than enough time for me (not including Disneyland). I was able to do the whole city, a few tours and then some.

I had 10 days in New York and could have used more! NY is amazing and I found so much to do there…hopefully I will get to go back one day!

• 3 Aug 2009 KEENAS said

Default_avatar

I did the Grand Southern last September. I spent 2 nights in LA, 2 nights in Anaheim, and 6 nights in New York at the end of the tour. I could have spent a month in New York, easily!

• 5 Aug 2009 becstarizm said

Default_avatar

hey

i have booked my grand southern tour for october this year and have got 3 days in LA and 4 days in NY

when are you doing your trip?! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion