Community_discussions_small  

Question

waterfalls of havasupai in the Grand Canyon

2 Mar 2013 Amy asked

Amy

Hi, My boyfriend & I are going are going on the western highlights tour leaving LA on the 19th June this year (2013), just a quick question does anyone know where we stay in the Grand canyon ? i have been looking into the hike down to the waterfalls at the bottom of the cliff, im just trying to figure out how close we are going to be to the trail head, i wanna try and plan it all before we go so we dont miss out ! we have to see the Mooney falls water fall ! it looks to amazing to miss it !
Thanks in advance for any information you may have :)

• 27 Mar 2013 Nikcii said

Nikcii

Hi Amy,
    I did La to the Bay in 2011 and at the Grand Canyon we stayed on the South rim at Miswak Lodge I think it was called. Not sure if they still use this place but heres the link to the hotel: http://www.grandcanyonlodges.com/grand-canyon-maswik-lodge-412.html
    Have a great trip and I hope this helps :)

• 28 Mar 2013 Amy said

Amy

Thanks for your feedback =)
    We are staying at the same place ! Am looking so forward to it =)

• 30 Jun 2013 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

Hi, I am considering this trip in the fall and wondering if anyone has any feedback? I would like to spend a lot of time outdoors and hiking in the grand canyon, not sure if there is time/plans for these types of activities, or if you are on the tour bus more? Not sure if this is the right travel group for me.. looking to spend a lot of time outdoors and less at bars, etc. Any feedback is greatly appreciated as looking to book shortly!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.