Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thai Island Hopper East - July 2013

4 Mar 2013 EFade asked

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone! I am looking in to going on the Thai Island Hopper East trip either leaving July 24 or July 27th. Is anyone going on that? This will be my 2nd Contiki (I did Oktoberfest 2012) and 1st time to Asia. I am wanting to go to Bangkok a couple days before or after, but everyone tells me it's not like Europe where it's super safe to travel alone. It would be nice to meet someone going on the trip who was interested in going to Bangkok as well!

Evan

• 5 Jun 2013 callum reid said

callum reid

I’ve booked the tour for july 27th, did Vietnam 2 years ago for my 21st by myself (was with contiki on tour) was great, Vietnam was pretty safe, I got lost a few times but locals where very friendly and happy to help, you’re almost always around people from your group to where ever you go so people are watching out for you.
    hope this helps
    callum

• 18 Jun 2013 Sandy said

Default_avatar

hey i’m planning to go on july 24th but don’t think i have time for bangkok tho. This is my first time actually. but i have heard its quite safe.

• 26 Jun 2013 Callum said

Callum

I’m going on the Thai East Island Hopper, I am travelling solo, arriving in Bangkok 25th July for a few nights before joining the group!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.