Community_discussions_small  

Question

Wild Western 17th July 2013

6 Mar 2013 Kirsty asked

Kirsty

Hi,
Im Kirsty, 23 from the UK, travelling solo on my first contiki trip! Starting with the wild western im then going to stoppover in hawaii on the 4 day waikiki explorer (31st July) before heading to new orleans for the eastern discovery starting on the 6th august. Is anyone else looking at doing a similar thing? Can't wait to hopefully meet a whole bunch of new people and also that Im not the only solo traveller on these trips :) xx

• 18 Mar 2013 Nicola said

Default_avatar

Hi Kirsty,
    I am doing the Wild Western on the 17th of July too. I am also a solo traveller on my first trip. Nervous but also really excited!
    x

• 21 Mar 2013 Kirsty said

Kirsty

HI nicola!! Im so excited too :) where are you from? I am so glad I am not the only solo xx

• 22 Mar 2013 Nicola said

Default_avatar

I am from Aberdeen, so there is a fellow Brit on the trip :) relieved to find out there is another solo traveller, but a great opportunity to meet new people. :)
    x

• 26 Mar 2013 Kirsty said

Kirsty

I am looking forward to meet new people too. Definately want to visit alcatraz in san francisco….i cant go there and miss it out :) are you doing any pre/post stays? I’m doing 1 night for both pre and post xx

• 26 Mar 2013 Nicola said

Default_avatar

Yeah that would be fascinating to see i think. Definitely one of the places I want to go. As a criminology student I have heard about it, would be something else to go and see it. I am also considering to do the helicopter ride over the grand canyon, i think that would be amazing too! Any other places that catch your eye on the trip? I arrive in LA the night before the tour and leaving the day after the tour. Though on my last night in LA i hope to see a little bit more of the place. Make the most of the trip :)
    x

• 26 Mar 2013 Kirsty said

Kirsty

I spoke to contiki and they have advised to pre book for that because of how busy alcatraz gets so im going to buy an entrance ticket before i leave the uk. Im excited to go to bass lake because I think it will be a different experience compared to all of the cities we will be going to. Definately got to make the most of the trip. What time does your flight arrive in LA? Mine arrives at about 2 pm LA time so will still have the night before too. xx

• 26 Mar 2013 Nicola said

Default_avatar

I arrive later than that I think about 9pm so don’t think I can make too much of the night before. Ah thanks for letting me know that. I booked my tour through another company and didn’t realise that. Will have to look into that.
    x

• 8 Apr 2013 Kirsty said

Kirsty

Just a quick note to say ive booked my ticket to alcatraz for the 27th July while we are in san fran. My travel agent was able to book it through a company called attraction world. x

• 8 Apr 2013 Nicola said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the heads up :) I will be looking into this.
    x

• 9 Apr 2013 Marlene said

Marlene

Hello you two :) Just booked this tour too , I am traveling solo as well and I am doing a pre night too, arriving in LA around 4pm., I look forward to meeting you! 3 more months to go :)

• 10 Apr 2013 Kirsty said

Kirsty

Hi marlene, it will be so nice to meet you and also counting down the days until the tour! We will arrive at similar times so will see you soon :) xx

• 24 May 2013 Marlene said

Marlene

Hi guys…What time did you book your ticket to Alcatraz? I am thinking of going as well, but it would be nice if I wouldn’t go by myself. Hope you are all well! 8 more weeks to go! I can’t wait :) x

• 24 May 2013 Kirsty said

Kirsty

hi Im not sure but will check and let you know, I want to say its the morning ferry crossing but will check first x

Kirsty

hi Im not sure but will check and let you know, I want to say its the morning ferry crossing but will check first x

Kirsty

Kirsty

Kirsty

Kirsty

• 26 May 2013 Marlene said

Marlene

ok thanks :) x

• 26 May 2013 Kirsty said

Kirsty

for alcatraz i have to pick up my ticket from the ticket office in the morning and then i will be booked on an afternoon ferry to alcatraz but the exact time is printed on the ticket (which i dont have yet) does your travel agent have use of attractionworld.com? that is the company mine was booked through. x

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.