Community_discussions_small  

Question

Wild Western 17th July 2013

6 Mar 2013 Kirsty asked

Kirsty

Hi,
Im Kirsty, 23 from the UK, travelling solo on my first contiki trip! Starting with the wild western im then going to stoppover in hawaii on the 4 day waikiki explorer (31st July) before heading to new orleans for the eastern discovery starting on the 6th august. Is anyone else looking at doing a similar thing? Can't wait to hopefully meet a whole bunch of new people and also that Im not the only solo traveller on these trips :) xx

• 30 May 2013 Marlene said

Marlene

ok thanks for the info Kirsty :) I think I will just book a ticket for any tour then. I’ve booked through contiki directly, so I don’t have a travel agent :) x

• 17 Jun 2013 Nicola said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone :) got the tour pack through the post at the weekend, getting excited! Though I noticed there is a pre trip meeting the night before at 7pm. I won’t be in L.A yet. Do you think this will be a problem? x

• 18 Jun 2013 Marlene said

Marlene

Hi Nicola,
    cool, you arleady got your tour pack :) I hope I’ll get mine soon too. I don’t think it’s a problem at all, if you can’t be there for the pre trip meeting. I’ve read sereval times on the forum that people weren’t able to be there on time and didn’t miss much. They just give you some info in advance and you can check in earlier and don’t have to be up so soon the next morning I think :) Only 29 days to go :)) x from sunny Vienna

• 19 Jun 2013 Holly said

Holly

Hi Marlene, thanks for letting me know :) its our first Contiki trip, sooo excited and cant wait :) We arrive in LA arrnd midnight so we will miss the meeting :( look forward to see everyone in LA.

• 20 Jun 2013 Susan said

Susan

Hi Nicola :) me and my girlfriend are doing this tour and arrive at LA on the 16th July Midnight., any suggestion on accommodation / hotels ?

• 20 Jun 2013 Kirsty said

Kirsty

susan, have you considered staying in the same hotel which the tour starts from? this is what i am doing and it will be easier than having to travel early in the morning

• 22 Jun 2013 Nicola said

Default_avatar

Hi Susan, I’m staying in the DoubleTree where we’re meeting the next day as it’s easier. That’s what I’d suggest is the best thing to do if possible.

Default_avatar

Hi Susan, I’m staying in the DoubleTree where we’re meeting the next day as it’s easier. That’s what I’d suggest is the best thing to do if possible.

Default_avatar

• 27 Jun 2013 Susan said

Susan

Thanks ladies  look forward to meeting you all 

• 27 Jun 2013 Susan said

Susan

:-)

• 1 Jul 2013 Marlene said

Marlene

So, I’ve booked a ticket for Alcatraz for Sat, 27 July 10:30 AM with alcatrazcruises.com/. If anyone wants to join me I would be more than happy! x

• 5 Jul 2013 Kirsty said

Kirsty

i hope mine is at the same time!! xx

• 5 Jul 2013 Kirsty said

Kirsty

i hope mine is at the same time!! xx

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion