Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern LA-NY 3rd Oct- 28th Oct 2013

7 Mar 2013 EmmaB asked

Default_avatar

Hi everyone, Ive just booked myself on the grand southern LA - NY 3rd October - 28th October :) I'll be traveling solo, so im just wondering who else will be doing this tour.. Thanks Emma :)

• 3 Apr 2013 mattrimmer said

Default_avatar

Ali yeh it is definitely the year for me :). me and my mate are staying at the hotel we leave from for the contiki a few nights before the contiki actually starts. when I was in LA last year I paid $250 a ticket to a clippers game and $130 for a lakers and they were both great seats :) The tickets don’t go on sale until like mid Auguest so your probably best to go to a ticket outlet in California and get them, that’s what im doing because ill probably get to the states end of august :) Where is harry potter world? x

• 3 Apr 2013 Adam M. said

Default_avatar

Pretty sure I paid about $50 or $60 last time I went to a Knicks game at The Garden, but I think I remember that being pre-season or maybe D-League, so that would explain the cheaper tickets.

Default_avatar

ali :) yeh its definitely the year for me :) me and a mate are staying at the hotel we leave from for the contiki a few nights before hand. when I was in LA last year I spent $250 for a ticket to a clippers game and $130 for a lakers game and they were both great seats :). the tickets go on sale around mid august so it will probably be easier to just buy a ticket over there for a ticket outlet. My mate and I are in new York for a week after the contiki and I think we are going to go see a game at Madison square garden, feel free to come to :) nd where is harry potter world hahah?

Default_avatar

sorry guys didn’t see it went onto another page and it didn’t say it loaded up the first 2 times ahahah

• 4 Apr 2013 Alisoneyre said

Alisoneyre

Yippee theme park buddies!!! i cant wait for that, Emma where are you staying when you first get to LA?
    Also, how has everybody got this information about where the tour starts from? When i booked it the girl mentioned i will receive a welcome pack about a month before departure, but ill already be in America then so dont know how thats going to pan out :) haha? Does anybody know where the tour ends in New York so i can book some sort of accomodaiton so im not homeless haha!!!
    Adam, i can almost guarantee you’ll be safe with that amount haha, are you & your girlfirend staying out after the tour ends in New York or are you going straight back?
    Matt, didnt see this back page lol, i wrote to you on my wall?

• 5 Apr 2013 Kirstie said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,

My name is Kirstie and I have signed up for the grand Southern Contiki leaving Oct 3rd. I’m very excited!

I will arrive in LA on the 1/2 Oct… not 100% sure yet as I am 21 on Sept 29th and spending it with my family before I leave.

I’m staying in NY for an extra three days before I move to London for a few years on a working holiday.

I’m looking forward to meeting all of you!

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,

My name is Kirstie and I have signed up for the grand Southern Contiki leaving Oct 3rd. I’m very excited!

I will arrive in LA on the 1/2 Oct… not 100% sure yet as I am 21 on Sept 29th and spending it with my family before I leave.

I’m staying in NY for an extra three days before I move to London for a few years on a working holiday.

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,

Default_avatar

Hey Guys!

My name is Kirstie and I have also signed up for the tour. I’m from Queensland Australia and I’m very excited!

I arrive in LA on the 1/2 Oct.. Not 100% sure yet as I am turning 21 on September 29th and want to spend it with my family before I leave.

I will be in NY for three extra days before I head to London to live for a few years.

I can’t wait to meet you all!

• 5 Apr 2013 EmmaB said

Default_avatar

Ali, when i first get to LA, Im staying at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. Its right in the middle of Hollywood so i can easily see some touristy places that i want to visit :) The contiki site mentioned the DoubleTree by Hilton as they off cheaper rates for up to 2 nights before the tour leaves.
    Hi Kirstie, what a good way to start off being 21 :)

• 5 Apr 2013 Alisoneyre said

Alisoneyre

Hi Kirstie!! Another birthday to add to our contiki tour, I’m sensing a theme with us lot :)
    Yeah I’m going to book into the double tree the couple of nights before the contiki, Im probably gonna book into the USA Hostels in LA though as I’m in that one in San Fran & it looks amazing, they have something in every night so people get to know each other, they have bar crawls & karaoke nights etc not that ill me sharing horrific singing voice with anyone haha!!
    Kirstie, there’s a group on Facebook Adam set up if you want to join its on page one & if you click on the link it should take you straight there! :)

• 5 Apr 2013 mattrimmer said

Default_avatar

hey kirstie, wow so many birthdays and 3 21st within a week of the contiki starting :). Do any of you guys have any recommendations on other places to go in the states as ill be there for another 3 months :). Ive already done other places like Washington dc, san fransisco and Hawaii.

• 7 Apr 2013 Adam M. said

Default_avatar

Ali, yeah Katie and I are staying in NY for an extra two nights after the tour finishes at a hotel called The Gershwin, and then heading up to Boston for Halloween :D

I’m also trying to convince her that going to Chicago after Boston is a good idea too, I’m dying to visit the Chicago Bulls home court… standing on the same court that Michael Jordan called home for so many years would be a dream come true.

• 23 Apr 2013 Zoe said

Zoe

Hey Everyone!!

I’ll be a solo traveller on this one! I hit LA October 1st then stay in the Contiki Hotel for the 2 nights! Planning on possibly heading to Universal Studios on the 2nd as I really wanna do a DisneyWorld pack when in Florida!!! I’ll be staying four nights in NY at the end on 45th ST!!! Like right around the corner from Times Square!!! Sorry I’m babbling, just so excited!! My first solo adventure, and so far have the feeling I’m the baby of the group???

• 9 May 2013 SamMatt said

Default_avatar

Hi all,
    I’m Sam, I’m going to be travelling by myself for this tour, this is my first Contiki tour but the third time I’ve been to America. I’m going to be staying at the Double Tree Hilton on the nights of the 1st and 2nd of October and I’m going to stay in New York until the 4th of November (which includes my 25th birthday on the 31st of October). Can’t wait to meet you all, I’m sure we’re going to have a great time together.

• 9 May 2013 EmmaB said

Default_avatar

Hi Zoe and Sam, Cant wait to meet you guys.. Bring on October :)

• 12 May 2013 Adam M. said

Default_avatar

So how’s everyone handling the anticipation?

• 15 May 2013 mattrimmer said

Default_avatar

I wish it was here already :) im staying until the end of February now because I decided to go back to new Orleans for the NBA allstar weekend :)

• 16 May 2013 Kirstie said

Default_avatar

Hi guy!
    I didn’t realise this conversation went over the page, I had no next page option! It finally loaded correctly and there is a whole bunch of comments I missed (including mine x4!) I will be doing the budget tour I think but still planning on making the most of trip! Roughly 20 weeks to go! :)

• 21 May 2013 Zoe said

Zoe

Hey Guys. I am doing the Eastern Discovery tour which starts in New Orleans which i think is where we join up with your tour! I am staying in New York after the trip for a few days aswell! I cant wait. I didnt realise they combine 2 trips into 1 but turns out they do :) See you in October

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.