Community_discussions_small  

Question

Southern Adventure August 2013 who else?

8 Mar 2013 Dannii asked

Dannii

I am looking at doing the Southern Adventure tour through August, Is anyone else doing this tour or thinking about it? Also would love some feedback from anyone that has done it
;)

• 9 Mar 2013 zaraguley said

Default_avatar

I’m doing the Southern Adventure June 2013… I am so excited!!!!

• 11 Mar 2013 David said

Default_avatar

yeah im doing the August 5th tour. from what i can see we have a bit of a mixed bag of travellers from around the globe. looking forward to it.

• 11 Mar 2013 Lisa said

Lisa

Im doing the Grand Southern on the 15th Of August and I think we sorta link up with you guys who do the Southern adventure

• 13 Mar 2013 Dannii said

Dannii

5th of August would be the tour i was looking at. I am travelling alone so hoping to catch up with a few people who are going on it also

• 13 Mar 2013 David said

Default_avatar

yeah 5th was looking quite dead and then we had a big surge of people! whereabouts in Australia are you? we head over on the 29th of July. a few days to tour LA. We have booked quite a few things over there and nearly every day is chocka block full. are youp going to NY?

Dannii

I am heading over on the 23rd of July. Will head over to NY at some stage and definitely spend a bit of time in LA. I live in Melbourne :-)

• 13 Mar 2013 David said

Default_avatar

ahhh okay. I Live over in Perth, originally from Tassie so been to Melbs a bit haha. Me and y Gf plan to head to NY after the final stop for a week, we are doing the Disneyland and Univesal studio thingies before the tour starts if you wanted to tag along. probably do that shitty stars tour to keep the girls happy haha

Dannii

Oh cool, Are you guys going to be in LA from the 29th July until the 5th August? Thanks that might be some fun. ha ha got to do those shitty star tours :) have you guys been to the states before?

• 14 Mar 2013 David said

Default_avatar

Yeah we land on the 29th i think. same day, staying at Jerry’s motel. meant to be pretty flash for a motel and its in the heart of the action.never been to the states. Our holidays consist of flying to Bali every three months haha

• 14 Mar 2013 Dannii said

Dannii

Oh okay cool, ive not heard of Jerry’s motel. ill check out what area its in. Bali nice least its nice and close for you guys. I’ve been to the states quite a bit just never done the south hence why im looking at this tour :)

• 14 Mar 2013 David said

Default_avatar

haha, yeah 3 hours on a plane. very close. Jerry’s is quite cool, there maybe some rooms left. its number 1 on trip advisor. so cant be too bad.
    we are only doing the contiki because they force you to visit places that you wouldnt normally see, so we are hoping to pack it all in. have you booked yet?

Dannii

oh okay, ill have a look. if i could fly to bali for 3 hours id definitely be doing the same. I havent booked yet wanted to get some feedback from people on the tour and see who else was joining, have you booked?

Dannii

Are you spending any time in new Orleans after the tour or heading straight over to NY

• 14 Mar 2013 David said

Default_avatar

Yeah we have booked and paid for in full. there are a few others that have actually booked as well. we are booking flights this afternoon to NY and i think we are getting on a 3pm flight to New York. i didnt really wanna hang around there too long as we have quite a bit to look at in NY. Broadway, Central park etc etc.

Dannii

Yea good call, there is definitley A LOT to see in NY and its better if you have enough time to get quite a bit done. I love it so ill probably be doing the same, or maybe even florida on the way to NY.
    Sounds like it should be a good trip, I just have to finalise my dates then i should be booking also.

• 14 Mar 2013 David said

Default_avatar

yeah the sooner the better for booking because it means you can book all the concerts/events/dinners/tv shows because you know when and where you are. we are even seeing Celine Dion in Vegas!! haha

Dannii

ohh haha are you? she is great!!! Have you booked much for the other places?

• 22 Mar 2013 David said

Default_avatar

i didnt even get the email for this reply, sorry. I have booked Spiderman and Book of Mormon on Broadway in NY.i think we are seeing David Copperfield as well in Vegas if time permits. We are going to a Baseball game to see NY play in Brooklyn. we have a couple tours in NY as well. that stooooopid stars thingy haha

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.