Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Trail

10 Mar 2013 Kelly asked

Kelly

Hi,
I've just booked to do the European trail on 27th July 2013. Just wondered if anyone is doing this tour or if anyone has done this tour and has any advice or handy tips for me? (I'm going alone so all advice is welcome hehe!!) Thanks xx

• 11 Mar 2013 SeanMcG said

SeanMcG

Hey! my friend and I are booked to do the Trail to London tour starting on August 3rd, which starts in Vienna. Apparently the European Trail meets up with the Trail to London tour once you get to Vienna. This will be my first time in Europe and on Contiki. Have you been before?

• 11 Mar 2013 Kelly said

Kelly

Hey! Oh cool, I didnt realise we meet up with another tour, that’ll be cool tho. More people to meet :-) I haven’t done a Contiki tour before but my friend did one in Asia last year and loved it! I’m just excited to see a bit more of the world, all these countries are on my doorstep but I haven’t been to most of them! Bit nervous about going alone but my friend did it so I’m sure I’ll be fine!

SeanMcG

I don’t know if I could book to do a tour on my own but I have a friend doing a tour in America by himself at the moment and he’s loving it! Everyone I know that has done Contiki have said you meet plenty of new people on tour. Where abouts is it you’re from? I’m hoping these next few months fly past.

• 11 Mar 2013 Kelly said

Kelly

I didn’t think I could go alone but I really want to travel but lots of my friends have already done it so I decided to go alone. Thought a tour would be best so I could make friends tho! I’m from England so not going to far this time. I’m sure if I enjoy this one I’ll go more further afield next time! Where are you from?

SeanMcG

I’m from Adelaide in Australia. I’ll be spending 6 weeks after the Contiki between London and Glasgow as I have family from there.

• 15 Mar 2013 Sandra said

Sandra

Hey guys!
    i’m doing the European trail on the 27th of July as well :)
    i went on a contiki last summer and loved it, tons of people traveled solo, but everybody makes so many friends really quickly so it doesn’t really matter, by the end of the tour everybody sort of becomes a huge family

can’t wait to meet everybody!

• 1 May 2013 Jess said

Jess

Hi,
    I’m doing the European trail on the 27th as well solo.
    I went on a contiki in February around the South Island of New Zealand and absolutely loved it.
    I’m super excited to go to Europe as it is my first time. I’ll be heading off to Mannheim (Germany) after the tour to study abroad for a semester.
    A handy hint would be to take a small duffle bag on the bus so you can fit a neck pillow, blanket, wind jacket or umbrella (if you want) and then put your day bag (backpack) in it whilst on the bus so there is no need to have one huge, heavy backpack all day.

• 3 May 2013 kels+kay said

kels+kay

Hi me and me friend are thinking of going in December on the European Trail. Will you let us know what it was like when you get back? Thanks so much! -Kelsey and Kayla

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion