Comment

New York New Year 2008/2009

16 Jan 2008 Amanda said

Default_avatar
Who's coming!!
  • 20 Feb 2008 Denise said

Default_avatar

Hi Amanda,
    I’m currently getting quotes to do LA to the Bay and then fly from San Fransisco to do NY New Year.
    I’ll keep you posted. Are you booked?
    I’m 36 from Sydney (don’t let my age fool you though, I certainly don’t act it)

• 21 Feb 2008 Amanda said

Default_avatar

Hey Denise.. Yes me & My sister are booked.. I’m 21 (almost) and my sister is 23 (from Sydney also). We’re going to LA first as well.. But just for a few days to see the basics. Then its from LA to NY for the tour. Haha age is nothing ! Hope u make it I think it’s going to be insanee.. or so i’ve heard. =]

• 24 Feb 2008 Brendon said

Brendon

Hi, I’m thinking about doing either this or the eastern discovery starting in NY on the 26th after a best of USA tour (ending in NY on the 26th). Still trying to decide…

My name is Brendon, I’m 23, from Wollongong and will be travelling alone. This will be my first tour, kinda nervous but very much looking forward to it!

• 6 Apr 2008 Tracy Kav said

Tracy Kav

Hi all
    Two of my friends and I will be doing New York New Year 08/09. We are spending a couple of days by ourselves in LA first and then we will be going back to LA via Florida to do the LA to the Bay tour after. We are all mid twenties and from Adelaide. I agree..It’s going to be insane Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 14 Apr 2008 Smithy said

Default_avatar

Hey! My name is Amy. I am from Wollongong and my friend and i will be doing the NY New Years Contiki. We can’t wait! We are also doing the LA to the bay after New Years. Counting down the days already Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Apr 2008 SthOzLad said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

Im considering doing this. I came back from an LA Scene and LA to The Bay tours in Feb. Had an awesome time on those ones so I figure could there be a better way to spend new years eve than doing this contiki tour! Only at the ‘thoughts’ stage of planning this but all things going well – time off work, finances etc – it should be a goer.

Im 23 and from Adelaide

Aaron

• 21 Apr 2008 katherine said

Default_avatar

Hey!!
    i booked this today.
    i am 22 from melbourne.
    im doing a similar holiday to amanda. i start off in LA for the LA scene and go to SF for a few days. Then im doing the grand southern on the 28th nov. after that its new york new year. im then off to hawaii.
    Cant wait.
    if anyone wants to chat about it and give me advice please do so.
    Cya
    katherine

• 22 Apr 2008 Katie said

Default_avatar

hey!!

Im katie 19, turning 20 while im over there, and my bro 18 are guna do NY new year, and then do LA to the Bay afterwards!!

soooo exciting! oh and im from melb too!

Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 30 Apr 2008 Explorer1091897 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I’m going to be New York for New Years too Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> but won’t actually be on the contiki tour. I’m doing the Best of USA in December and decdied to stay on in New York for the New Years so will be celebrating over there Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> hoping to catch up with some Aussies while we’re over there Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->! My best friend is coming with me too…we are both 22 Brissy gals lol Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 9 May 2008 Amanda said

Default_avatar

ohh thats so exciting.. i cnt wait!

• 27 May 2008 Explorer1101276 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone,

I’m Leah, 22 from Adelaide and have just signed up for the tour in new york over new years! So pumped!! I am doing an around the world trip where I’m working in the UK for 6 months, then heading to New york, Canada and New Zealand! Looking forward to meeting you all on what is sure to be a very crazy trip!

Leah Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Jun 2008 Sarah said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone, I’m Sarah from Melbourne. I have already signed up for NYNY and can’t wait!

I am doing the LA to the Bay tour before heading to NY, and after NYNY ends I am staying on for another 10 days to really soak up the city. Is anybody else hanging around NY after the tour ends??

• 30 Jun 2008 meltingsnow said

Default_avatar

am hoping to do the xmas tour + new year too. is anyone else doin this? i dont quite fancy spending 4 days between the tours in NY on my own!

• 5 Jul 2008 Sarah said

Default_avatar

Has anybody booked accomodation in the Contiki Hotel for the night before NYNY starts? Apparently the rooms reserved for Contiki are booked out already.

• 8 Jul 2008 Katie said

Default_avatar

hi everyone!

so as i said before, me (20) and my brother (tyler, 18) are doing this tour, and we are also booked on LA to the bay on jan 7 !

It would be awesome to talk to anyone before the tour, especially anyone from melbourne, to get to know people before we leave!

Btw, we have booked into the marrekech (lol i cant spell that) for the night before the tour starts, we did it a couple of months ago through our travel agent!

If anyone wants to talk add us on myspace or facebook:

katie_bear89@hotmail.com katie – 20
    shkipp_1@hotmail.com tyler – 18

cheers Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 8 Jul 2008 Katie said

Default_avatar

lol i spelt my bro’s email addy wrong:

shkippy_1@hotmail.com

WOOPS!

• 13 Jul 2008 James said

Default_avatar

Hi, I am booked onto this tour. My name is James, I am 23 from London. Am really looking forward to it. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Sarah, I have not booked into the Contiki hotel before or after the trip as they were unable to get me a price when I was booking the trip.
    I ended up booking direct with BA after alot of searching. Who my flights are with as their prices were better than the rates I was getting direct though hotels. As to get sensible priced flights I have to stay an extra night at the start and end of trip.

The 2 hotels I am using are called New Yorker and Park central I had never heard of either hotel but they seemed well reviewed online.

My email address is james.m.arnold@gmail.com.

• 20 Jul 2008 Sarah said

Default_avatar

Hi James, thanks for responding Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I think you might be the first non-aussie to post here (apologies to anybody I overlooked).
    I did some research and found I can get a room independantly at the Marrakech, but it would be $300 for the night. I decided to stay at the HI hostel 1 block away instead for about a 10th of that Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    It seems decent enough, especially considering I’ll probably just sleep there and then leave.

what is everybody else doing for pre/post tour accomodation?

cheers
    Sarah

• 20 Jul 2008 Sarah said

Default_avatar

Hi Katie, I just noticed you siad it will be your birthday. I will have a birthday while on tour as well. What date is yours?
    Sarah

• 20 Jul 2008 Katie said

Default_avatar

Hi Sarah,

My birthday is actually between my two tours! its on Jan 5th, so ill be in anaheim for it! when’s yours, we’ll have to have a big night out for it!

btw did you see someones post in the advice section, apparently the merrakech still have a bed bug problem, they had a really bad one a while back, but hopefully they fix it up by the time we get there!!

Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Katie

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion